LegacyGT.com

Tracked down what i think may be the cause of my boost leak.

I have been hunting for a boost leak just small enough for me to lose about 1psi for the last week. I have tightened tb hose and clamped all the hoses on the blue to with no luck. Today I noticed a small tear in the hose that contains the wastegate restrictor pill, where can I find a replacement part number for this thing?? I try and search and nothing comes up.

IMG_20130713_172318_259.thumb.jpg.64ecc3d0e404b1e1862e6042341dfef9.jpg

From what I saw it is in the turbo side, but could be wrong.. either way when I wiggled it I must have torn it more because now I am on spring pressure maxing at 10psi and idling horribly

Yeah, using AP. I have blown air into the system when off and listened for leaks, I can't track it down though. Will try carb cleaner this week... at least it is only a small leak from what he said, and it is after turbo so its not running lean. I just don't like the thought of wasting gas and power. At least it isn't the 8.9-10 psi I was getting earlier this week.

17.5 psi and you're hitting 16.9 isn't far off. Especially with the heat we've had lately on in the NE. It's possible there is some iat/boost compensation setup in your rom, or your wgdc iat table might not be adding enough as temps go up. It's not a huge miss though.

Yeah It drives fine, but when I logged it was 78 degrees and still only hit the same. Boost target on the AP shows up as 17.7 not sure if that means anything. He said it looked like a boost leak due to running richer than the map is supposed to at WOT so I have been tracking it down for a week or more, and so far only found one loose connection, and one damaged hose. Reset ECU gave it time to learn and still no change. Still more power than Cobb OTS, but was looking to get a revision and get off the base map from TA.

Mods: Crucial Shorty, STi Up, New gaskets all around

Leaks checked so far:

Turbo to IC flange, O ring looked fine put a Mr Gasket thermostat gasket in anyways.

TB Hose, was loose enough on TB side to freely turn the hose with a little force. Tightened it up.

All the hoses on the blue T ziptied AND hoseclamped, ziptie on the intake manifold connection and shoved it on took a good amount of force to seat it with the zip tie in place.

Hose from Turbo housing to Wastegate T with restrictor small hole that got larger when I wiggled it. Fell apart when I tried to remove it to replace it. Pill put into new hose.

Bypass Valve recirc hose checked and looked to be in good shape.

As well as all the vaccuum lines already mentioned.

Bypass valve gasket also in good shape.

Thoughts? Anything I may have missed?

Archived