LegacyGT.com

cobb ap and rom raider

dwolson2

I just bought a legacy last night that has a Cobb ap tuner. Now the car has been tuned, and has a 20g and 750cc Injectors. It also has a manual boost controller :(.

My question is how do I edit the maps on the ap (I've used rom raider before) and can I take a bar map from room raider and put it on the ap?

Also does anyone have a base map of a 20g, fmic, 750cc injectors, and a grimspeed ebcs? I want to go back to ebcs as I know that is a better technology all around and this is a Street car.

I'm looking for an e85 and 91 octane tune. It's e85 right now and the idle is all over the place with the clutch pushed in, but steady with it in neutral and the clutch released. It pulls great and runs fine (good) on the highway. Just the idle is messed up.

Last question, can the rom raider be used almost like a vag com cable at all? I don't mind picking up another cable (gave my old one away) as they aren't too expensive, but I'd rather save money where I can.

I just bought a legacy last night that has a Cobb ap tuner. Now the car has been tuned, and has a 20g and 750cc Injectors. It also has a manual boost controller :(.

My question is how do I edit the maps on the ap (I've used rom raider before) and can I take a bar map from room raider and put it on the ap?

Also does anyone have a base map of a 20g, fmic, 750cc injectors, and a grimspeed ebcs? I want to go back to ebcs as I know that is a better technology all around and this is a Street car.

I'm looking for an e85 and 91 octane tune. It's e85 right now and the idle is all over the place with the clutch pushed in, but steady with it in neutral and the clutch released. It pulls great and runs fine (good) on the highway. Just the idle is messed up.

Last question, can the rom raider be used almost like a vag com cable at all? I don't mind picking up another cable (gave my old one away) as they aren't too expensive, but I'd rather save money where I can.

Where to start...You already have an AP with some maps; are they OTS maps (hope not) or custom to your cars' mods? Cobb will give you a free copy of their AcessTuner Race software, so there's no point in buying a $150-$200 Tactrix cable. You just email them the serial number of the AP as well as make/model of car, and they'll email you the software, usually in less than 24hrs. This is similar to using RomRaider as you will have access to adjust parameters, in a similar manner. You should really do some data logging to see if the current tune is actually safe... especially with a MBC.

You mention experience with RomRaider, but to what extent? You're asking for a base map, so I'm guessing you've downloaded someone's map from the RomRaider base map section before, but don't have a lot of tuning experience. I would recommend getting a pro tune, from someone local and have the tune done right. Not some random persons "base map". Especially with after market turbo and injectors.

You can not use an AP map file with RomRaider and vise versa. Different file types.

I personally would switch to a 3 port EBCS, like you mentioned...BUT, do some logging before anything else. Cars can feel good and be on the brink of failure from running lean, or a number of factors.

Start with logging or just get it tuned... why take the risk?

Ok, so I have done a fair amount of changes with my old LGT, I just wanted someplace to start. The car is running rich right now, but that can be just as bad if its too far rich(which its not) After a lot of reading, I think I may have found my issue, but I won't be able to try them until I get home monday.

Before I saw this post, I searched around and found out about the race software, sent for the link, downloaded it, and tried opening the tune from Mapperformance(yes it was tuned, by a tuner, on a dyno) The tune is locked and I can't open it. I have a friend who uses rom raider, as I have in the past, and i wanted a map, so I could either load it or transcribe it. My friend that I was referring to has a VERY similar car(Same turbo, injectors, FMIC) but has an external waste gate. Soooo I am going to drop the WGDC to 50 then go up from there. Once I start hitting my peaks, I'll smooth everything out.

Also, I ordered a 3 port today. man do I hate MBC!

Archived