LegacyGT.com

Racing seats instal

Im looking to instal some racing seats. Im doing this for multiple reasons one i have ro replace the motor for my passenger seat fpr the second time and my seats are ripped and kinda shot. So looking to upgrade.. has anyone put races ng seats in and if so how do i bypass the seat belt alarms and airbags?

The driver side is easy. Just put a resistor in the harness for the seat belt plug. Passanger side causes a ton of problems with the passenger occupancy sensors. It'll turn on your airbag light on the dash, the chime will constantly go off, and the passenger side air bag will always be off.

I put recaro spg seats In my car with harnesses and a harness bar. My car is driven once or twice a month and I deleted the chime in the immobilizer box.

I don't recommend doing it if you daily your car and have passengers alot. But it's up to you.

The immobilizer is on the steering column under the dash by the pedals. If u delete the chime u won't hear it but it also does not give u a working passenger airbag. Because the occupancy sensors are not there so the passenger airbag off light will always stay on.

Hense why I don't recommend it of u drive people alot. Like I said. My car gets driven only a few times a month tho I didn't have a problem not having a passenger air bag.

Also, do not try n put a resistor in one of the plugs for the passenger side. If its not the right resistance, it could possibly set of the air bag system. And I have heard no info from anyone else about the right resistance nor heard of anyone doing thing so I don't recommend it.

• 5 months later...
It sounds to me that if you just pull the chime, I wont need to worry about resistors... the car is a DD but I don't usually have passengers. I plan on going with some racing harnesses and a 4 point belt. so ill be held in nicely incase of a front end accident. what did you get for mounts too?? I hear I should go with the same brand mounts as the seats. but I hear planted is a better route.. just wondering how you went about it. thanks for your help btw!

Archived