LegacyGT.com

Turbo whine, or exhaust leak??

MarcusDubya77

i dont have any mods other than ap stage 1, a bov, and a boost gauge and i get this noise. it is not a leak i am still holding boost fine, so i let the shop foreman at the suby dealer that i work at check it out. he drove it with the diagnostic computer hooked up and all he had to say is that it is running better than stock with the ap and the whine is normal :iam:

• 1 month later...

Mine whistles too, i had a stock stage 1 gt, i've been hearing it for a while, but its been more noticable lately. Even if my cooling fan is loud, i can still hear the engine whistle. It doesn't do it at cold temps i've noticed, only when the car has warmed up. I'm taking my car to the dealer wed for a new ecu, and i'll ask them to check it out..(even if i don't think they will do anything but treat my car like a race horse and just say they didn't hear it [like they have done in the past regarding other problems]). Any suggestions? I don't know if its the turbo, i can't really hear it at high rpm, just at 1-2-3 rpm, Its a whistle that is not clear and hasn't been there for 20K miles, but has just recently started.

Help!

Use the Copper Based (colored) exhaust gasket sealant from Permatex. Works great.

Also had the not work off the stud adjacent to the divorced WG tube on my Crucial DP. Only leaked when the WG opened under full boost (sounded like Atmos. WG!!!)

Jeremy says to retorque after cycling.

But my doc pulled me off my bike right after I went Stg. 2.....(yeah I know its corny.)

As far as a heat shield goes, look into a Turbo Blanket.

Soft thermal material kits run from $70-150.00. Work better than OEM heatshild and never rattle or rust.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

is that the stuff that comes in a spray can? I have that

I haven't personally used it in a spray form. I've got the old messy tube stuff. A little goes a long way.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Archived