LegacyGT.com

Sunroof cover popped out of place :/

The sliding cover for my sunroof decided to pop off the rails a few days ago. I can't slide it properly anymore and it interferes with the operation of the sunroof. I can tilt it open but sliding it back seems to jam it. Has anyone had this happen and fixed it? I played around with the guides and tracks and it still fits loosely and does not remain on the track. I'm really dreading removing my headliner so hopefully there's an easier way to get it back on track.

Well, all I can tell you is that if you had a sedan, the headliner would suck 40 times more. You'd either crease it trying to take it out the door, or have to pull the back glass.

Luckily for you if you needed to remove it, it will fit out the tailgate no problem. I know youre dreading it, but that will give you an accurate look at what is going on. Who knows, a track could be lose and just needs some TLC and you'll be back on the road.

And honestly, its alot less work than you think, its a couple bolts holding the map light/sunroof control, the sun visors, dome lights and then just pop off the pillar covers. Should drop right down.

You'll still need to bow it a bit to squeeze it out, but no to the point where it will get ruined.

Be sure to have clean hands, the fabric on headliners seem to love dirt, as a detailer im sure you understand.

Archived