LegacyGT.com

’05 GT Miss/Shutter and Hesitation

Hey guys, I’m new on here and new to owning a Subaru. I just bought a 2005 Legacy GT with an auto and a just hit 70k miles. Love the car, the power (for a 4 banger turbo) and the AWD is epic. But I’ve noticed that before the turbo lights off when the car is under a load is has a slight hesitation and shutter. I think this is a miss, anyone else experience this? I want to do a COMPLETE tune up on the car just to get it onto my maintenance schedule so I’m curious what you guys would recommend to fix this problem?

Also a dumb question, does this car have coil packs or plug wires, I’ve done zero digging through the engine to see and just want to order all the parts and do it all at once. Also what plugs would you guys recommend and fuel filter?

Thanks for all the help everyone!

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

You may find that helpfull.

Coil on plug.

You'll want to get the car off the OEM MAP. Depending on where you live, you can get a e-tune from one of the Tuners on here, if your good with a lap top and buy the $30 cable

I use http://www.tuningalliance.com here in CT.

Or you can buy a Cobb AP version 2.

Learn how to check the oil level and always keep it full.

Read on here, you'll find lots of info. Read, make a list of what you think you want, then ask us before you buy anything. Even before you motor oil...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had the same hesitation on my 05. Getting off the stock map helped a ton. It would eventually come back after a while which I eventually tracked down to a couple boost leaks and one vacuum leak at the turbo inlet to turbo connection. I still had some slight hesitation at full boost which was fixed with an aftermarket BPV.

Archived