LegacyGT.com

Lower A/C temps by rigging cooling fan.

dont tell me how an ac system runs, im ASE certified master tech. Yes, SOME systems do cycle, but SOME. NOT ALL. My system does not cycle, it runs constantly and COLD, 40 degree center temp vent.

but whatever,,, 98% of the people on message boards are idiots anyways.... its a waste to even try to help poeple anymore.

First don't get mad at me for my following comments. :)

When you say "cycling" you mean when the compressor kicks on and off correct? Almost every clutch type AC compressor will normally cycle and they're supposed to for a bunch of reasons. One being to help with fuel economy, second is when the interior temp sensor reads the set temperature then will cycle off. Another reason is when a certain throttle percentage is reached it will cycle off to help in robbing engine power, for instance accelerating on a freeway on ramp and they're a few more. The types of compressors that never "cycle" are a clutch-less variable displacement compressor. These weren't really introduced into the USDM until the mid-late 2000's and earlier in the European market.

Both my old 96 L and now my 99 LGT both cycle and just from thought every second gen legacy I've ever worked on in 15+ yrs did the same. Your saying your compressor, when the AC is on, never cycles? Not saying your system is broken but our compressors should cycle and its normal, WHEN the cycle period isn't really short like every few seconds. Did you wire it to stay engaged all of the time to get a colder AC output?

Side note, my fans don't stay on all of the time and this is also very normal.

the ONLY reason the a/c compressor is cycling is because its low, plain and simple. Have it PROFESSIONALLY evac/recharged and in wont cycle. Problem solved. NEVER trust the gauges, that doesnt tell you how much refrigerant is in the system.

dont tell me how an ac system runs, im ASE certified master tech. Yes, SOME systems do cycle, but SOME. NOT ALL. My system does not cycle, it runs constantly and COLD, 40 degree center temp vent.

but whatever,,, 98% of the people on message boards are idiots anyways.... its a waste to even try to help poeple anymore.

uhhhhhhhhhhhh seriously guy? There is no reason to be that way. If you're going to be here to help, then help. And don't bitch when you're called out on something. Own it, and stop deflecting.

The first post I quoted of yours is specifically directed at the system in the pre-MY98 A/C system, as that is obviously what this thread is concerning and your post doesn't say otherwise... Be more specific, maybe? I mean, why would you even think we were talking about A/C systems in general, or concerning other cars in which the A/C systems apparently never cycle? Because the pre-MY98 second generation Legacy compressors definitely do cycle.... And that is the specific system we are talking about.

Honestly, though, your ASE cert doesn't mean shit.. Just about every mechanic/tech out there has to be ASE certified. 90% of all mechanics are shitty, and most of the "good" ones only really know enough to get by. You should see the garbage hack work I've come across in the past several years....

I too am ASE certified but IMO it doesn't make people good mechanics just good at taking tests, or cheating on them. LOL. I like Kenny have came across many vehicles worked on by so called Master Techs and they didn't have a clue, not saying mnster is one of them. It's all boils down to real world experience and whom ever taught the person. People usually tend to learn and follow the tendencies of the person who taught them, bad and good.

Archived