LegacyGT.com

Monthly West. Baltimore/Carroll County Meets

brickhoss

Back by popular demand! I missed seeing everyone the last two months, so I thought I would attempt to throw this together for the end of July at an all-new location!!! :)

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Come out, enjoy good conversation, great food, and sweet cars. We will meet up at IAG Performance between 7:30-8:00 PM, and then head over to the Greene Turtle @ 8:00, park the cars, chat for a while, and then head in to eat.

For those heading straight to the Greene Turtle, there should be a large parking area in the back of the BJ's lot where we can all squeeze in for some sweet photo's before sunset!

The Green Turtle

830 Market Street

Westminster, MD 21157

410-871-1524

Date & Time: Thursday, July 31, 8pm til ???

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!!!

http://www.iagperformance.com/images/gallery/03-20-08-GTG/images/DSC04410.jpg

Please post up if you plan on attending so we can have a rough head-count! :)

Thanks!

Rick

ps - I'm looking for someone to start helping out with these meets so we can get back to the glory days of 50-60+ cars. Contact me if you're interested in helping out with organizing! Thanks!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally some replies.... And I get them after the meet...Lol. It was a great turnout, and there was one legacy there, so you guys need to step up your game!!! Here's a link to the thread where some pics were posted. We had 20 cars last night and 31 people, which was pretty awesome considering that about 15 that committed canceled. Pics were tough to take w/ the nasty weather, hopefully next month we'll be able to get some better shots.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1405093&page=8

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, Towson is kind of out of the picture for me. Most of the 30 or so people we have show up are from Carroll and Western Balt. County. There's already another meet at BWW's in White Marsh that's monthly as well (see nasioc), and I'm definitely not trying to step on their toes. This is a great time, and I promise its worth your drive. :)

Not a fan of sushi here. Do you guys ever have meets that aren't food based?

Any good photographers in the group? i normally like to bring my friend along who is a decent photographer and get some good shots. Or are most of these a case of people bringing their own point N shoot cameras?

The whole "food-meet" thing is a lot about winter weather... Most people won't stand outside when its 20* and sleeting... There's also a pretty big group of us as well, and there's not too many huge parking lots around here to "loiter" with that size group... but if we eat at a restaurant, they are usually cool with us hanging out in their parking lot afterwards (plus there's a huge empty lot next to bateman's). In the warmer months we will probably have several meets up at IAG Performance in Westminster, because they have ample parking next-door and a great facility to hang out inside and out.

Archived