LegacyGT.com

Guaging interet. If Rommel were to make the 08 rear vents, who'd buy em?

psi365

I know I wasn't the only disappointed one when we found out the rear vents don't fit USDM cars. So I talked to Rommel(thanks again for your help) and he said he'd look into it. So to show that there is an interest in them who would buy a set or the rear vent inserts like the JDM/Aussie cars have?

for reference

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68241

I'm in, anyone else?

Chris

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...As in, we'd just cut a hole in our bumper and stick 'em in? The '08s and JDMs have molding to the bumper that conforms to the vents. I guess my question is, it won't look the same, will it?

Or are they talking about a whole new bumper with vents in it? I don't think this is what your talking about.

I don't get it...don't you need the bumper too?

In the thread I linked to a bunch of us were ready to buy the rear vents since a lot of us don't like the rear reflectors. We thought the easy option would be to install the rear vents off of a JDM or Australian model. Hoping they'd be a direct bolt in a couple guys had some on order. One person finally got a set and found out that the mounting doesn't at all match up, and the vents (iirc) are to large for the hole the reflectors fit in. Even after some trimming down they would still not fit or he could not get anything to line up. I was ordering a RBS V2 rear spoiler for my car and asked Rommel if he may be able to come up with something similiar to install in there instead of the rear reflectors. He said he'd look into it. Basically with this thread am just trying to show him that there is a demand for a reflector replacement and that if I could get enough people together maybe he'd seriously look into it (not saying he isn't) and produce something similiar to the rear vents on the JDM cars.

In the thread I linked to a bunch of us were ready to buy the rear vents since a lot of us don't like the rear reflectors. We thought the easy option would be to install the rear vents off of a JDM or Australian model. Hoping they'd be a direct bolt in a couple guys had some on order. One person finally got a set and found out that the mounting doesn't at all match up, and the vents (iirc) are to large for the hole the reflectors fit in. Even after some trimming down they would still not fit or he could not get anything to line up. I was ordering a RBS V2 rear spoiler for my car and asked Rommel if he may be able to come up with something similiar to install in there instead of the rear reflectors. He said he'd look into it. Basically with this thread am just trying to show him that there is a demand for a reflector replacement and that if I could get enough people together maybe he'd seriously look into it (not saying he isn't) and produce something similiar to the rear vents on the JDM cars.

IC, thank you! My confusion was because I thought you meant for Rommel to make vents that could go in my '06 bumper.

Archived