LegacyGT.com

VT Peeps - Speak Up

Sargeant_002

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, 1 winter here. But my 1st winter w/ the Sube. VT's weather is about 10-15 degrees colder, since it's further north. Although, VT has much less snow than Rochester. That's because of Rochester's position to the Great Lakes; Ontario & Erie. Also both winters are much different from Manhattan, which doesn't see much snow. If so, it won't stick.

There's another 2 (?) VT'ers on this forum I think. Aczwild and another I can't think of.

We should all get together at some point guys...once we nail down how many active VT member's we've got...so who lives where...as some parts of VT get more snow then others...maybe as much as Rochester, lol. Like ROCHESTER, VT...haha...Rochester, Hancock and Granville...that area...is in a snow belt...can get to be quite a bit there from time to time...so who's from where in VT!?

Central VT here, Randolph - Exit 4 off 89 for anyone that knows where that is...if we figure where everyone is, we can maybe pick a localized meeting spot for a meet??? Up to you guys really...we could get some NASIOC members in on it to...just a thought...oh and nice to meet you LMVT and subastyle!

Brian-

Still learning my way and spots around town but I think Chilis is a good spot to meet/ eat;

1. easy to find in Best Buy/ Staples/ Christmas Tree Loft plaza

2. easy to get to, in Williston near the highway

3. parkinglot is big

4. food/ price is decent.

5. they serve alcohol!

Just my 5 cents. :)

^^^LMVT, what color was your STi? Where you one of the one's we had when we did a VT meet and drive at Best Buy, went to Nicco's and crashed the ricer party??? I used to have an 02' OBS that was Sedona Red and Titanium, with Stromung Catback and a Borla Header...haha...you may have seen it around Essex...as I'm good friends with Azhlon...he's got a 00' 2.5 RS, gone JDM - 95' WRX motor swap...hehe!!!

Still learning my way and spots around town but I think Chilis is a good spot to meet/ eat;

1. easy to find in Best Buy/ Staples/ Christmas Tree Loft plaza

2. easy to get to, in Williston near the highway

3. parkinglot is big

4. food/ price is decent.

5. they serve alcohol!

Just my 5 cents. :)

All good ideas. When I had my 02' OBS, we met up at Best Buy's parking lot, went to Nicco's (sp) and then crashed a ricer party at Auto Zone...it was GREAT!!! Here come like 10+ Subie's rolling in...4 of them STi's, and the mouths starting dropping, because we came in from both sides...haha...somebody said "...there is easily over 1000+ horsepower right there..." looking at the STi's, lol!!! Of course my OBS had a Borla Header, Stromung Catback (which my LGT will be graced with as soon as I can get the flow directed correctly) and a AEM CAI, so I sounded the part at least, haha!!!

I'm jealous. :( I miss the mountains.

Sargeant_002 - You live in a great part of VT. I hope you get your Legacy on Rte. 100 often. :)

Signed, lost Vermonter.

They are fun man, to bad you can't enjoy them anymore...I have family that lives in the Rochester, Hanock and Granville area...and actually used to live right on Rt. 100 in Granville...hehe...so I get to play anytime I want...I'm now only 20 or so minutes away (close in VT terms of course) to bounce onto Rt. 100!!! Then again, Rt. 14 (back way to West Leb) can be fun to, haha. Alot of great roads to travel (starts mentally mapping a meet and drive route)...

So once we all agree on a place, we'll have to take a vote, or place, time day...etc...and maybe check with NASIOC and such to see if there is a meet going on soon...jump on board there, or have our own little shinding???

Brian-

I had a blue 2006 STi, I didn't go on the meet and drive where you guys crashed the ricer party...I was probably still in KY at that time, sounds like you all had fun though :D. I've met Azhlon a couple of times, he's got a pretty cool WRX swap going on. Do you know Bob Champion? AKA "BIGbobCHAMP", he runs VTRides.com. He's got a '98 Outback sport wagon with a full STi swap...it's pretty crazy.

The best buy area sounds like it would be a good place to meet, and have some food at chilies or possibly longhorn. I'm in just keep me posted.

-Lincoln

2005 LGT w/ dom. 3 + meth - Sold.

Yeah, there's a few eating spots in that plaza

1. Chili's

2. Maxicali

3. Longhorn

4. Ponderosa (across the street)

5. Cuervo (?)

6....... Well, you guys know what's there. I'm game for whichever.

I'm also free for weekends. Sundays are best tho.

**Off topic** Down the street from the plaza is a foreign (Europen?) auto place w/ a white Sti in the lot that has a rollcage and a blue front passngr fender. Anyone know about that place?

Charlie.

I had a blue 2006 STi, I didn't go on the meet and drive where you guys crashed the ricer party...I was probably still in KY at that time, sounds like you all had fun though :D. I've met Azhlon a couple of times, he's got a pretty cool WRX swap going on. Do you know Bob Champion? AKA "BIGbobCHAMP", he runs VTRides.com. He's got a '98 Outback sport wagon with a full STi swap...it's pretty crazy.

The best buy area sounds like it would be a good place to meet, and have some food at chilies or possibly longhorn. I'm in just keep me posted.

-Lincoln

Yeah, I've met Bob before, I sat in his White STi when he had it...at that meet. I've heard about his OBS, and I'm VTRides.com, lol...probably need to update my profile on there though. Also, I helped Jon (Ahzlon) with a good deal of the swap, at least the tear down...was hard for me to get upto Essex all that often to help him when our schedules match up...

Yeah, there's a few eating spots in that plaza

1. Chili's

2. Maxicali

3. Longhorn

4. Ponderosa (across the street)

5. Cuervo (?)

6....... Well, you guys know what's there. I'm game for whichever.

I'm also free for weekends. Sundays are best tho.

**Off topic** Down the street from the plaza is a foreign (Europen?) auto place w/ a white Sti in the lot that has a rollcage and a blue front passngr fender. Anyone know about that place?

Charlie.

Sounds like Chili's is the going vote at the moment...and Sunday nights would work pretty good for me to...although I may not have money for a month or so to do this...maybe...we'll see...it would be cool to meet like once a month or every other month...something like that....if people could swing it....any other ideas guys???

Brian-

adampasternak, click on FORUMS > MARKETPLACE > WHEELS & TIRES. There should be a few listings for sale.

Locally, I will be selling mine by next week, once I get the WRX 17's. PM me if/ when you're ready/ interested.

Does anyone know where Saint Subaru is in VT?

adampasternak, click on FORUMS > MARKETPLACE > WHEELS & TIRES. There should be a few listings for sale.

Locally, I will be selling mine by next week, once I get the WRX 17's. PM me if/ when you're ready/ interested.

Does anyone know where Saint Subaru is in VT?

Saint J Subaru!? I haven't been there yet myself...but visit http://www.subaru.com and find a dealer, should be directions available. WRX 17's huh....I personaly like my stock LGT wheels...for winter anyway...thinking about ROTA's next summer...hehe...

anyone going to the Covered Bridge Rally this weekend? i figured since you are all vermonsters, this masshole should at least see a couple of you in your home state. if so, have fun and good luck. thanks for sharing the road with me this weekend.

Not this year, I may try to do it next year...working this weekend...well I work every other weekend, and the weekends I have off I have my son...maybe I'll get lucky and it will fall on a weekend with my son and he can go...haha...hhhmmm...he'll be 6, to young to get him into auto sports...NAH!!! Have fun Rotary!!!

Brian-

thanks a lot brian. have you 'raced' it before? im getting mixed feedback on the matter. i think i just need to get up there and do it to know what its all about. i'm running in D Class (novice), and this is my first TSD Rally, so im not expecting any great results other then learning as much as i can. Ted Goddard said a Father/ Son team was in first place last year, so that can work out great for you to run with your son. you just might need to teach him some more reading and math skills, and you'll be all set. 6 is a little young though, huh?

thanks a lot brian. have you 'raced' it before? im getting mixed feedback on the matter. i think i just need to get up there and do it to know what its all about. i'm running in D Class (novice), and this is my first TSD Rally, so im not expecting any great results other then learning as much as i can. Ted Goddard said a Father/ Son team was in first place last year, so that can work out great for you to run with your son. you just might need to teach him some more reading and math skills, and you'll be all set. 6 is a little young though, huh?

I have not yet done this RallyX - in face I've only done one...but I had a blast!!! I did hear of a guy or two going off the road and one guy wrecking his car on this TSD event...going to fast, rolled it or something...so be careful, but HAVE FUN!!! I say do it, then make your own mixed opinion for the next one...the guys who set these up are a great bunch of people...you'll be glad you did rather then didn't....trust me...and next year you'll have that much of an edge on me...haha...

Anywho...back to VT...any other VT members out there that haven't said hi yet?

Brian-

Archived