LegacyGT.com

JDM Rain Visors

CMull123

I recently purchased the JDM rain visors and found with the instructions some small metal hangers and clips. Now I've installed rain visors before, but this was on a 92 GMC Sierra, not the hardest install, but there were no clips or hangers. Since all the instructions are in Japanese, I can't really tell what it's wantin me to do with them. Also, it looks like it's tellin me to take part of my trim off and I don't know, since, again, it's in Japanese. The visors themself also have some double stick tape on them which I could handle that install in about 45 seconds, but the directions and hangers just confused me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest *Jedimaster*
The metal clips go into the body of the car- peel back the weatherstripping and install them, then put the weatherstripping back on. Put the visors on, stripping the backing to the 2 way tape back a little as you go.

you need to sort through the clips...there are two types. One gets screwed in place using existing screws. The other clips in place. Pull the weather seal down....before you install them. The double-stick should be on the visor....use the prep pad on the mounting surface. Do a test fit before pulling the tape - you won't be able to move it once you stick it on.

The hardest part besides getting the alignment right is reinstalling the weather stripping....be patient. Your fingers will hurt....you have to squeeze it and work it back up into the channel to properly mount.

Hope this helps. The first car I did this on took me 45 minutes. The second time through....ten minutes.

• 1 year later...
Any tips before I try this tomorrow?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 2 months later...

Finally got them in this AM, now that summer's over...

The hardest part was shoving the seals back into place.

Tip - Do one side at a time, so you know what the seals are supposed to look like...

With these in place, the windows can be cracked open 1/4-1/2" on a Maryland summer day when parked, waiting for the shower in the heat....

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Gruppe-S claims to have them IIRC.

I bought mine from my local Subaru dealer (Marino's) here in Canada, about 2 years ago, recall paying something like CDN$275 for them, would have to dig up the invoice to get the exact price. I just gave them the part #'s and they ordered them for me, arrived in a week or so.

Not difficult, to install, just have to be careful. Another pair of hands helps.

Instructions are in Japanese.

There's foam tape on the back of the visor. If you rub a finger along the tape, you'll notice there are holes where clips will go. I marked those on the outside with tape, so I'd know where to put the clips.

Clean the plastic area above the windows. I used rubbing alcohol. Then pull down the window seals, & put in one large clip (remove screw, put clip in place, reinstall screw).

Wipe the plastic with the primer that comes with the visor.

Align the visor with the installed clip & slowly pull the covering off the tape that's on the visor.

Alignment is important - this tape is sticky, & you can't adjust position after it makes contact. The other pair of hands helps with the alignment.

Then put in the 5 smaller clips & put the door seals back in place. The latter is the hard part. Do only one side at a time, so you have something to reference.

Properly installed, it won't interfere with the door & window. We haven't tried it driving in the rain, but it looks like you can park with the windows cracked open in a Mid-Atlantic summer day (90degF with unknown chance of

rain).

Archived