LegacyGT.com

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

NHLEG

Got a good inch on the ground so far and it's snowing at a good clip. The rain/snow is still in southern MA so we're gonna get snow for quite a while. Should be a good 3-4" by the time I leave for Thanksgiving at my parents in Maine. Will be the first test of the LGT and Proxes 4's in the snow. Hope it's not a :eek: or a :icon_cry: experience, but at least a :) since I know it won't be a :D.

My front yard out the front door:

CIMG0574.thumb.JPG.8f738b2b6c8c3e502b02b33b39090665.JPG

Guest *Jedimaster*
We got a dusting this evening- it turned to ice within minutes! The RE92's did not do well. Last night we got about an inch, but it melted in the sun by noon.

Awesome for all you folks on the East coast. Snow for the winter holidays is cool. Here in Colorado, sunny, warm...in the 60's. Been unusually warm this season. Hopefully we will get some cold and snow soon, so I can play with the OBXT and my Hankook W300's....

Guest *Jedimaster*
Suckas, I got 5 inches sitting outside and more comin, god I love teh snow

See, I have this love/hate affair with teh snow. On the one hand it's absolutely beautiful to see it on the tress, etc and it's a lot of fun to drive in. On the other hand, I have a lot of property to move snow from :mad:

So how were the Proxes4 in the snow?

Well, my last 2 cars were a Volvo XC70 and a Subaru Outback both of which had very good all season tires, not "3 season and a tiny bit of snow" like the Proxes. So, if I was to rate the Proxes against those cars w/ all season tires that do well in the snow, I'd have to say they kinda sucked. If you look at my pic, you can see the road just start to go down hill to the left. As I was going down the hill, I tested the braking ability and my wife's comment (after she told me to stop screwing around w/ the kids in the car) summed it up, "Man, your car sucks in the snow." Same w/ cornering and start-up from a stop...not too good. One other thing I though was that this car also has sooooo much more power hitting the ground than the other 2 as well. How they rate against other high performance all season tires, I don't know, but if you search, others seem to think they do ok.

Archived