LegacyGT.com

borla dyno sound clip

05lgt5spd

with the borla having more of a t than a y pipe i.e. more bend, less air flow, and the piping from the "y" to the muffler being only 2", are you or your tuner concerned about more backpressure or limitation on how much hp this exhaust can handle? Great sound, but seems to have the smallest diameter piping on the market for high performance exhaust. Read somewhere 2.5" piping good to 350 hp(maybe this refers to larger pipe diameter more upstream) so are you close to max'd out at 335hp?

I have a 3" to a y with two 2'1/2"s, with no mufflers. I put that on my car and noticed no difference whatsoever. At the crank, Im over 400hp, 450ft-lbs on the Borla, off the crank. If I were to go rotated, I might do something larger. That guy that ran the mid-11 sec 1/4 mile was running a borla setup. And he is over 500whp.

yes, but It was never put back on the dyno, and after switching back from E85, everything feels less powerful. I could have picked up some hp, but its hard to tell without being back on the dyno. Doubt it though. Hard to say

Archived