LegacyGT.com

Cheapest way to relocate clock

prelude

First of all, thanks to guys who shared their ideas here!

Remove the ashtray is the first step.

I did not trim the screw hole all the way but leave some of them, will use them as foundations to secure the clock in place.

HOT GLUE Time!

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13098&stc=1&d=1135982571

The hot glue is much stronger than I thought.

Make sure the angle of the clock is right before the glue cool down.

Then, use the craft material from my daughter, cut a piece of black form thing to fill the gap.

DONE!

Cost: almost free….

clock005s.JPG.784c0bb3aadefb48672aa0d15ee3897b.JPG

clock002s.JPG.0226ca67b2425e8dbe0464430b267657.JPG

clock000s.JPG.1450835fab56983bca51d11f9392f335.JPG

clock013.jpg.0b9ab985bf8fbf430022656a3ecc67e4.jpg

• 6 months later...
I hope you have better luck than I did. I thought a hot glue gun using that ultra strong black glue would work too...and it did....for about a week, until vibration or heat broke it off. I had to just suck it in, and buy a new shift panel (about $60) and that accursed $187 piece of plastic from AVO. If you really feel compelled to glue it, use some strong ass epoxy. That might work.

I have used hot glue on my central vent-bezel to glue a 7" LCD screen, and this clock.

The hot glue on LCD broke off 3 months later after hot weather arrived. The glue on clock is still ok.

I use 5 mins epoxy on my LCD screen and all I can say is it does the job very well, very STRONG!!

• 7 years later...
Its like 100 bucks tho, i just want a cheap alternative

You're gonna get something that looks half the quality though. I fiberglassed mine down there and because of the flex required to put the shift boot in it cracked. It's much easier to just buy the panel.

Archived