Thread: Car PC
View Single Post
#54: 01-22-2007, 09:53 PM

f1anatic
Title: Das Cruise Meister
Car: Legacy GT & Forester XP & Jeep GC
Send a private message to f1anatic Find all posts by f1anatic Reply With Quote
At home I am bringing video signal to my PC via a CAT-5 network cable. Soldering the RCA (white, red, yellow) to the CAT-5 tiny wires is challenging to say the least...but once I did it, it was easy to just extend it using a network cable connector. But the VGA cable has so many pins...I am not sure...

I do not mind sharing my Subaru logs - they are not mine - but I painfully collected them thruout the years - and some of them can be used in Centrafuse as well. Just let me know if you want them - PM me your e-mail address in that case.

One the issue of attachment of the monitor inside the bezel and subsequently removing the bezel if say a cable is loose ? I engineered some little metal bracket which I can grab onto with a stiff metal wire and pull towards me. I would insert the wire thru the holes in the vents - perhaps a picture will explain it better. Also notice the extra cooling vents.

Obviously I am a little slow since I am spending so much time with the fabrication - but I am trying to make a complete job; making life easier for later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3508 (Small).JPG
Views:	625
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	30871   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3509 (Small).JPG
Views:	532
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	30872   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3512 (Small).JPG
Views:	461