LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT Clutch Options with DMFW

Hey all I lurk this site quite often but have never needed to make a post until now. My throwout bearing is starting to make noise and I decided that even though my clutch still feels good I should go ahead and replace it since my mechanic is already going to have the transmission separated from the engine.

I have been looking at clutches and they all seem to come in combination with a single mass flywheel. What clutch options are their for us using the oem dual mass flywheel?

I was looking it up on the Exedy website and it comes paired with a single mass flywheel (FJK1001FW). Could I still order FJK1001 and use it with my dual mass or is my assumption correct and I have to use a single mass?

Thanks!

Yea i agree with idiot. I just had my clutch replaced and my tranny guy is the best. The 05 Is a funny clutch it may be hard to find right away and be the perfect one. My mechanic went to excedy and they tried 3 clutchs until they just orderd one from suby direct.

The stock is awesome when its brand new. unless your gonna go crazy with stage 1 or 2 maybe ACT. but ask yourself what are you really gonna do with the car??

Go stock. It is fine even though there are people complaining. I had my DMFW OEM clutch hold just fine on Stage 2 power for about 3 years, and when it was replaced at 120K due to TOB whining (same reason as you have), the fly wheel was fine and clutch disk had about 20-30K of life left in it. That's with 3 full seasons of autocrossing and teenager learning to drive it as well.

I have FX300 now but for 99% folks Bosco's statement applies when it comes to clutches - "Stay stock, stay happy" :)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Yea i agree with idiot. I just had my clutch replaced and my tranny guy is the best. The 05 Is a funny clutch it may be hard to find right away and be the perfect one. My mechanic went to excedy and they tried 3 clutchs until they just orderd one from suby direct.

The stock is awesome when its brand new. unless your gonna go crazy with stage 1 or 2 maybe ACT. but ask yourself what are you really gonna do with the car??

no kidding? i had an exedy stg. 1 SMFW clutch put in and it has been absolutely great. smooth as a polished marble after about 3 hours of driving.

i can put anything i want down here?!

My best tranny guy is half woman

Archived