LegacyGT.com

Turn signal

My turn signal is going out. The bulb I just replaced. I just bought my 97 Legacy wagon GT and I'm not sure if i need to replace a relay or a fuse or what. And if so I don't know where in my fuse box the relay/fuse will need to go I can't seem to figure out which relay/fuse goes to my left turn signal.

First off, what issue are you having? The fuse/relay is the same unit which controls all four of your turn signals. If it is just ONE corner that you are having issues with, it is likely a loose wire or a bad socket. The fuse controlling these things is located in the fuse box under the driver's side dash, just ahead of the door (near your feet.) The relay that controls your turn signals is hidden above there somewhere, but as I said, if it's just one corner, it's probably the lamp assembly itself that is either improperly connected, or the socket going bad.

Is the turn signal that is 'gong out' clicking faster then the other side? Does it still work? I know in first gens the stalk can get gunked up and cleaning it will fix the fast clicking issue even when a new and correct bulb is installed.

Archived