LegacyGT.com

rear camber?

quick4dr

I tried buying the Rear Megan Racing Camber kit from import image. It came damaged all the paint was pealing off and chipped up, sent them back and was shipped another set, they too were chipped and disgusting. Import image ending up refunding me after fighting with them, because Megan blamed it on fed ex. Mean while the packaging from Megan was thin and shoty and I bet every set of their camber arms are shipped out with the damage.

Looking at Whiteline bushings to take care of my rear camber, any other options available?

I heard from Justin at Built Not Bought Auto that Grimmspeed is in development of rear camber arms, but long time away.

If you just want a bit of camber adjustment the WL bushings work. If you have the $ I'd HIGHLY suggest the WL lateral link kit though, they are awesome (all 4).

WL is an absolute pleasure to work with, they will certainly take care of you if anything ever goes wrong.

They replaced one of my links for free after my car was in an accident and one of them bent. It was an accident 100% not their fault, and not poor construction either, my wagon rolled over and the lateral load that bent the arm would have bent any part. I called them with credit card in hand just to order a new one, they said don't worry about it. That's when I became a loyal WL customer.

I run the Whiteline bars already I have the longer one, havn't been able to source the shorter bar. Im looking to go from my current -1.5 to -.8 or so I rolled my fenders and can fit the tires with less camber. I'm dropped on kwv2 1.5in around and just want to flatten my tread out

I run the Whiteline bars already I have the longer one, havn't been able to source the shorter bar. Im looking to go from my current -1.5 to -.8 or so I rolled my fenders and can fit the tires with less camber. I'm dropped on kwv2 1.5in around and just want to flatten my tread out

going to -.8 in teh back is within the oem specs. you dont need any custom parts to make that happen.

He kind of does, "I'm dropped on kwv2 1.5in "

That is unless he raises it back up.

going to -.8 in teh back is within the oem specs. you dont need any custom parts to make that happen.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

It does, relative to how much he lowered it. People do both, they add suspension bits to bring it closer to OEM and if racing to add more. With the oem adj bolts he may get that -1.5 back to around -1 max unless he either raises it a little or adds a Whiteline/Megan/Perrin control arm.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I like my ride height, any lower and my local streets would eat me alive. Trying to flatten my camber out to see the handling difference. I plan to soon run 255's instead of 235 so im going to need adjustability to keep more tread usable.

I like my ride height, any lower and my local streets would eat me alive. Trying to flatten my camber out to see the handling difference. I plan to soon run 255's instead of 235 so im going to need adjustability to keep more tread usable.

flatten your camber to see handling difference?

run 255 instead of 235 and want adjustability to keep more tread usable?

Camber helps you use more tire when cornering. If you are not using all the tire on a 235, then putting a 255 will use even less tire. Then again, you'll get twice the wear life out of the tires if you swap them on the rim (inside to outside). I do this for track tires as the wear from the camber causes the inside edge to wear quicker.

255 will require fender mods depending on your suspension stiffness (not enough and you'll bottom out cutting the tires).

If you really want to make the tires stand flat (at least in static mode), you'll probably have to push the top out, as there is not much room to pull the bottom in. As you push the top out, you'll be more likely to have tire/fender contact when moving.

This seems like a folly, however, its your car and money. Flattening out the tire in static mode will lead positive camber while moving which will have a negative effect on your driving. Unless you craft a custom suspension that allows you to adjust the camber depending on your car's attitude.

Archived