LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Sunroof Question???

add_rock

So, I'm getting close to dealing on an '05 LGT Wagon w/5EAT. My predicament is that I don't necessarily want the leather interior - I've got two littlin's under the age of 5 - but I really want the sweet sunroof. My dealer here in Keene, NH says that for $1K they'll have an installer out of Springfield, MA put in the sunroof and it will be covered by the 3/36 warranty. Should I be leery about this? Will the fact that it's not factory installed detract from my potential resale down the road? Will the workmanship be able to match the factory specs, etc.?

I love the LGT forum and can't wait to get behind the wheel in the next couple weeks. Thanks-Addison

add_rock,

I have no idea re: resale....

What I do know is that our dealership did indeed tackle this for my wife, for her "05 Rex.

Since we leased, the only way for me to even approach the resale value question is that the dealership figured in the numbers with the accessory (in this case, the roof), residualizing at the same rate as the rest of the vehicle. I know that this doesn't tell you much, but it's the best I could do. :(

As for quality.

We also "paid" for about a $1K professional install. Our dealership's contract contact specialized in installs/retrofits in high-end autos, and the quality was simply superb, workmanship immaculate. I actually prefer her unit to the OEM one in my LGT Ltd. sedan, as hers has two memory presets as well as one-touch opening *AND* closure. Furthermore, her aftermarket unit closes when you remove the key from the ignition, and for a frequent moonroof user like me, who also live/work in the city, that is super convenient.

It's too bad, though, that you'd be trading that absolutely AWESOME panoramic roof on the wagon, for an aftermarket unit.

Hope I helped!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Or maybe you could find someone on here willing to pay you to upgrade their unlimited to a limited interior.

I personally dont care for the cloth interior that much. It seems to get dusty quick and I am worried I am going to snag it everytime I vacumn it.

I've got 3 and 4 year olds and I love it when they ask me to "pull the stick back" I'm raising some boost junkies with this car!

Archived