LegacyGT.com

MA/NH/ME Camping

A group of my friends and I are trying to find a place to go camping for a weekend in August. The place we usually go, Point Sebago in Maine, is totally booked for the weekend that works for the most people. Do any of you know of any campgrounds that are alcohol friendly and quiet hours don't start at 9 p.m.? We don't usually get out of hand but don't want to end the night at 9-10 p.m. We are all 22-25 years old. We don't need much as we will be using tents but would maybe like to be at a lake or something to swim in or possibly rent a boat or two. Anyone have any recommendations?

I go camping on the Kancamagus highway in New Hampshire. There are a bunch of different campgrounds down the length of the highway but there is not a lake. Most of the campgrounds are on the Swift River though and there is a bunch of stuff to do in the area with North Conway on one end of the highway and Lincoln on the other. Ive also gone to White Lake State Park in NH a few times recently which has a private lake but does not allow any power boats. I believe they have kayak and canoe rentals but am not 100% sure since I bring my own.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived