LegacyGT.com

Custom stage 2 tune night and day difference!

Just finished up my E-Tune from Brentuning. Will go for a full dyno tune once I get a new turbo etc but for now the E-Tune was the most practical.

Before this I had only a stage 1 Cobb OFS map. Man that thing sucked. Driveability sucked and didn't make a big difference in performance I didn't think.

Got a catted downpipe on now, Grimmsspeed ebcs and a K&N panel filter and the custom stage 2 tune. What a night and day difference!!

Car really takes off now! Top end still sucks with the tiny stock 46 turbo but once I get an ev03 16g in there that should be greatly improved. Making a peak of a 18.5 psi I believe. Falls to 12.5 at redline about. The punch is great with that little turbo though. Just not fun winding it out to redline.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

yeah i had a cobb ots stage 2 map . i got opensourced sat ... man huge diff... think im at 18.5 psi dropping to 14... im catless ..

everything is so smooth and when you hit it its like a whole different car , not punchie anymore and holds all the way through.. best thing i ever did

i went with a guy some of my buddys used

ray from turbotech.. he doesnt work there anymore but tunes alot of stuff

think he currently ownes a 10 sec evo and a sti swap subby rs

Yeah mine definitely holds better all the way through but still feel it running out of breath quickly. I'm also used to my supercharged S2000 which revs to 9k and makes the most power and torque are redline so very opposite powerbands!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

I'm hoping the BNR 16G will be good enough.

I still have the S for the summer/weekend car though. Feels really slow around town compared to the legacy even with over 400whp lol. Up top it's a different story though.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

yeah our stock turbos run out of breath up top .. but i did notice my tuner told me he does something up top to make up for the falling short ...

i forget exactly what he said ...

either he takes away timing , or adds ... that way its still smooth up top

plus i dont take mine past 5800 rpms ro real point

dont think a 16 will make a huge improvment from what i have heared a vf 52 would and is the best upgrade... least thats what i been told

my buddys getting a 16g for his 02 bugeye and i think there only rated for the same as a vf52

im going with a vf52 next summer unless i hear other wise

I want a new turbo for more top end and faster spool but I really don't want to put Mitsubishi parts on my subie, what's the best bang for my buck then... Smaller turbo, thinking FP or Garrett?? Who's running one of these allready?? I want something with dependability... I won't be daily driving the car, so what do you guys recommend, supposed to be picking up my car today with new block and Perrin turbo inlet and Grimm 8mm spacer installed...

I want a new turbo for more top end and faster spool but I really don't want to put Mitsubishi parts on my subie, what's the best bang for my buck then... Smaller turbo, thinking FP or Garrett?? Who's running one of these allready?? I want something with dependability... I won't be daily driving the car, so what do you guys recommend, supposed to be picking up my car today with new block and Perrin turbo inlet and Grimm 8mm spacer installed...

Bigger turbos typically don't spool faster. It's small = fast, larger = slow.

dont think a 16 will make a huge improvment from what i have heared a vf 52 would and is the best upgrade... least thats what i been told

my buddys getting a 16g for his 02 bugeye and i think there only rated for the same as a vf52

im going with a vf52 next summer unless i hear other wise

52's and 16g's are about the same.

I also just got my '08 protuned from Ray at TurboTek this weekend. Stock turbo with catted dp and Cobb SF, totally different car from OTS Stage 2 Cobb map, smooth and no hesitation. Love to know what I am am putting to the wheels.

Archived