LegacyGT.com

Caster/camber bolt kit vs Whiteline bushing?

Screamin

Besides the Whiteline bushing being poly and the factory bushing being rubber, what are the differences? Both seem to do the same thing, right? I just find it hard to spend $160 on the Whiteline kit if I can buy a new factory bushing for $7 or so and $10-$15 on a cam bolt kit.

Any info would be great because I will be lowering my car soon along with new shocks, end links, top hats and such.

Yes, I know the poly bushing will last much long and not wear out like the factory rubber bushing plus the poly being stiffer.

I read that if you do not lower the Legacy more than 1" than a bump steer is not needed. I plan to keep it at 1" with some Epics or H-Techs.

Yes, I know poly is more harsh, I've had a very moddified '01 Camaro SS that had poly motor mounts and trans mount...I went back to rubber because it was too much. I had to replace them about once a year though because I kept ripping them.

I read that if you do not lower the Legacy more than 1" than a bump steer is not needed. I plan to keep it at 1" with some Epics or H-Techs.

Yes, I know poly is more harsh, I've had a very moddified '01 Camaro SS that had poly motor mounts and trans mount...I went back to rubber because it was too much. I had to replace them about once a year though because I kept ripping them.

I honestly had some bump steer on the stock suspension. I'm lowered with Epics now and the bump steer is definitely more noticeable. Just FYI.

You don't need the bump steer kit, but it'd be worth while.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

I'd thought you answered your own question. Your last car was too stiff. If the stiffness bothers you, go OEM and save your money. It will keep the smooth lgt ride. If you want to tighten things up a bit, the WL bits are a good upgrade. WL is good stuff and covers nearly every suspension part on an lgt.

Having a big cam and a 6 speed manual with poly mounts vs only one poly bushing on each side on the suspension is a bit different. If I was swapping out all rubber bushings with poly then I can see it being something I wouldn't like.

Archived