LegacyGT.com

Subie Newbie breaks 1000 miles

I posted the Subie Newbie thread last week the day before i picked up the car. Well I picked up the car least Wed night and headed straight to Vermont the next day for 4 days. A nice 4 hour low RPM drive to VT from NY to warm her up then i turned it on in the back roads of VT - but not too much. Then 4 hours back home Sunday night - that was my 1000 mile break in and i loved every minute of it. Coasting around mountain, roads up and down dirt trails (we were staing in a cabin up a dirt trail), passing three cars at once in passing lanes - BLISS YO!!

Doing my first oil change tommorow for the 1000 mark 5-30 Pennzoil with a Purealotor Micron filter - thats works right? There is so many opinions about these things. Should i be using any Slick50 or Lucas Oil additives yet?

No pictures yet but it is bone stock black w/ tan interior but she did look pretty with all the dirt and dust from VT on it.

Last night i beat up a civic ( not a rice paddy but a nice sleeper) but still caught a beating. Its nice to be over 1000 :dm: oh yea

Smooth. As for the oil change, just the filter and the oil. Don't add additives...not worth it, IMO.

Sounds like a fun trip. Maybe some of us members from the NYC area can get a meet going...since there are about 4-5 of you in the BX, and a couple in Westchester, etc.

Good luck...

I heard that there is a meet at the Palisades mall this Sunday at 12pm. I am 70% there.

I believe that there is, however, I will be working this weekend, so it's a no-go for me...even though I'd like to attend. Once I am relieved of working on weekends, I will able to make the next one, depending on when it is.

Archived