LegacyGT.com

Loving my Continental DW's 215/45/17

Serb Legacy GT

I put these on almost 2 months ago and I have to say I am so happy I bought these tires. These are maybe the best tires I have owned. I bought these for my LGT, and my 99 M3 (245/40/17 up front 255/40/17 in back) and they have been great on both cars. They are really quiet as others have said. They also have amazing grip, way more grip than you'll ever need for street driving. Where I was blown away by this tire was in the last two days. We have had some crazy rain in the Chicago area where downpours felt like you were driving through a non-stop waterfall. Literally, the streets puddled up along the sides within 5 minutes and you could barely see. The DW's ate the road up like it was dry! There were stretches where the side of the road was puddled up for 100+ feet, and the right tires were plowing through the standing water while the left were not in any puddles and at no time was there any crazy jerking, hydroplaning, or a feeling like you would lose control. The tires were amazing. Even with the M3 2 nights ago on my way home when I got caught in a ridiculous down pour, same thing, the car just felt planted to the road and gripping. I always hated driving that car in the rain and felt it sucked in the rain because you had to be much more cautious, but I was going 45 mph and the DW's at up the road no problem. That is by far the best that car has ever felt in the rain.

Great grip, unbelievable in the wet, and a price that can't be beat. All this talk about soft sidewalls, I have no issues with it. Now I'm not one to push the car to the very limits, but I do like to take curves and turns in a spirited fashion when I can and the grip and response has been great. I don't see any reason why these tires wouldn't do great at the limits anyway. Discount Tire Direct has a $100 mail in rebate, Tire Rack has them on sale, so if you need tires I highly recommend them.

For reference I have owned Bridgestone Potenze RE-01R, Goodyear F1 GSD-3, Toyo Proxes, Goodyear Assurance Tripletread, Dunlop (I believe 7000). I'm sure the RE-01R's will ultimately have more grip on the track, but for my street driving I like the DW's better.

I had great luck with the DW's. My only complaint is that the wet handling dropped off a ciff as the tires wore.

Fantastic tires for the price. Currently have M Pilot SS's, which are better by a little than the Dw's, but cost ~300 bucks more for a set:eek:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

F1 GS-D3 were famous for their rain capabilities but it was many years ago.

Krzys

Those tires were not bad at all, but there were times you could just 'feel' the car was on the edge of stable when driving in the rain and I would slow down a bit (that was in the M3). Considering the amount of heavy rain we had so quickly, which was probably the worst downpour I drove in with that car, it felt and behaved better than it ever had. Those Goodyear's had a cool looking tread pattern though :)

I had great luck with the DW's. My only complaint is that the wet handling dropped off a ciff as the tires wore.

Fantastic tires for the price. Currently have M Pilot SS's, which are better by a little than the Dw's, but cost ~300 bucks more for a set:eek:

I have read nothing but rave reviews about those tires, but I couldn't justify that price premium for myself. I don't track the car, and on the streets I won't be getting to that extreme where I would need something slightly better like a PSS. I paid $109 per tire for the DW's :) For a 245/40/17 it was $129 and 255/40/17 was $146! Unbelievable pricing!

Archived