LegacyGT.com

"Affordable" autocross tires- suggestions?

roundthirteen

I ended up paying about 700 installed for the RSR's paid for them locally at 140 a piece plus tax came out to 625. When they're toast I'll hopefully have more funds to spring for better tires.

I will be curious how you like them. Onlinetires.com has them really cheap

• 3 weeks later...
I really do like them. I can see why they don't recommend them for highway use but they're a little squirmish on the highway...that is unless its my alignment doing that anti lift kit and not getting an alignment

• 1 month later...
all the suggestions in this thread thus far stink at autox. Max performance tires are not good enough.

OP if you have a spare set of 17's for autox, get the bf-goodridge g-force rivals. the are THE best autox street tire you can buy and at only $149 per tire, the price cant be beat.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Rival&partnum=245WR7GFR&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I runt this exact size on my MX-5 and they are downright spectacular. I reccoment nothing less. Noob or not, dont skimp on tires.

I agree 100%. Just wanted to add an option I haven't seen in this thread. If you have a coilovers or an upgraded suspension of some kind I'd recommend looking at Hoosier A6's or Kumho V710 tires. New, these cost around 250 a corner depending on the size BUT there are sites/forums out there where you can find slightly used sets that go for cheap and will be a great option.

Used to run these on my old wrx and LOVED them. This is of course you are just going out there for fun and aren't concerned about which class your in...

Link to tires?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+ZII

I agree 100%. Just wanted to add an option I haven't seen in this thread. If you have a coilovers or an upgraded suspension of some kind I'd recommend looking at Hoosier A6's or Kumho V710 tires. New, these cost around 250 a corner depending on the size BUT there are sites/forums out there where you can find slightly used sets that go for cheap and will be a great option.

Used to run these on my old wrx and LOVED them. This is of course you are just going out there for fun and aren't concerned about which class your in...

This is the "affordable" thread. :lol:

There's only a small handful of guys on this forum that are ready to autox r-comps.

If you're in Stock class the R comps are getting outlawed next year so hang on to your money or buy some 140 tread wear or higher

Where does street mod draw the line. Which is the class I am forced Into

Street modified will continue to be allowed to use DOT race tires. Street tire rule only applies to current stock cars, from Super Stock down to H Stock.

I could tell you more if you let me know what car and mods were done to it

It doesn't matter where you go, what you drive, or how good you think you are. There is always someone faster.

Just keep at it. It's about having fun, not beating guys with huge budgets....although that's fun too. whitetiger in his RTRCS Miata and me in my street tire CS e36 M3 beat guys with loads more power and budget this past Sunday on a big, power friendly course. The difference is we both have a decent amount of experience.

my car is a great DD and a decent autox car (I think anyway) and most of the time I am driving on normal roads. Me and a couple of my buddies all started around the same time so we just compare our runs with each other. Last time my friend ran a stock galant vr-4 with no name all season half inflated. I just need to keep buying good tires, my re-11 are great and hopefully next year I can get BFG rivals.

Archived