LegacyGT.com

Headlight Conundrum - Low Beams stay on after I turn off the car

Claw

So in the last few days my DDM-swapped HID conversion lights have been acting up.

No changes in a while, too cold to take everything apart to mod or de-mod.

So anyways, the DDM-swapped low beams are also acting as DRLs, but shortly after putting them in I did the DRL disconnect. When I start up the car, I manually turn on the light. If I go to turn them off via the stalk, the lights don't turn off anymore.

When I shut off the car and take my key out, the headlights stay on for a few minutes before shutting themselves off. Sort of like newer luxury vehicles.

In the past if only 1 headlight ignites, I turn the lights off and turn them back on and hope the other ignites, but lately when I do that the lights don't turn off at all....

It's really pissing me off because I'm scared they'll drain the battery.

Thanks..

Check the inline wiring fuse. I know I had issues with mine doing odd things, and it turned out to be that the fuse melted, but it was still partially connecting at the metal portion.... So sometimes it could arc across the connection and they would work fine, others not so much.

You could also unplug the HIDs and plug in standard bulbs just to test the if it's the DDM Wiring Harness or the actual car side that's the issue.

There's not a whole lot to the DDM Wiring, but it is a lower end kit so they do go bad....

Thanks Grovlet, I'll go digging later. Is the inline wiring fuse under the hood or under the dash?

Yeah, I know all about the DDM problems, just too much of a wuss to go tinkering with it at minus windy degree celsius temperatures.

Archived