LegacyGT.com

ECU/Stuttering Follow-Ups

smkscrn

Would You Sign A Petition to Submit to SOA regarding the ECU/stutter Issue?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Sign A Petition to Submit to SOA regarding the ECU/stutter Issue?

I had the ECU changed out last year for the fan issue. The car ran pretty solid for a short period and then the stutter creeped up again. Now, it seems like I get a slight stutter on the highway in 5th gear at speeds of 45 to 80 mph. Why cant this car just work normal.

By the way, has anyone noticed your headlights flickering at night? It looks like a loss of current every 15 to 25 seconds. Thanks guys.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Browsed the initial and follow-up threads. FWIW, I have a 2006 Baja turbo, and drove for several thousand miles without issue. Recently (27kish), I have noticed the surging problem and pulled an ECU fault code P2097. I reset the code with my scan tool and I'm waiting to see if there's any improvement. If you're in the Northeast, I'd try Steve Lewis Subaru. My sales ageny Dave has been a saint and has taken care of a few electronics issues for me personally without any questioning of my internet savvy and anal-retentivity (of which there is probably a lot :rolleyes:)

I'll report back as soon as I have something definitive

• 5 months later...
I have an 08 soec b with roughly 2800 miles on it the hesitation or stutter is annoying. And when I took it ti the dealer for its free oil change. I asked the service manager if there is any ecu reflashes that need to be done and he said nope nothing showing in our systems? I told him about the stutter and he looks at me like a deer in the headlights LOL

Archived