LegacyGT.com

Rear seat question

Has anybody had experience mounting something to the trunk side of the rear seats?

I haven't gotten around to taking the rear seats out and seeing how they're constructed but I have felt that the trunk side of the seats are pretty flimsy. I would like to mount some amplifiers on the back of the seats while maintaining the functionality of the pass through so building something that spans the entire width of the seat is out. I was thinking of using some MDF backing to screw the amps into.

I currently have two amps mounted on the back of my rear seats (MMATS 3000.1 and an old school LA S300.2). They are directly mounted onto the back of these seats with screws holding them. You just have to locate the firm areas behind the seats. I have an OBXT though.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=149604&d=1366801590

ampsobxt.png.fde007965f9aacc9478d040727599d48.png

I wish my seats would fold down for easy access like yours... Instead I'm going to have to take the back seat off to really figure out what's going on with my seats. I'll give mounting directly to the seats a shot but I don't foresee much success with that b/c of how flimsy they feel.

Yeah. You just have to carefully check on the back of the seats where you may be able to drill. The size of your amp(s) may be a limiting factor though, in which case you'll have to use some kind of backing.

Good luck. You'll be bumping in no time ;).

I actually took the back seats out and found that the carpeted piece on the trunk side of the seats is not attached to the seats themselves, but to a hefty metal piece as well as the frame. I'm going to utilize all those things. Now I'm off to the store for some parts and will get moving whenever I can grab some spare time!

Since I'm stuck with the auto climate controls, I'm feeding the radio into an Audio Control LCQ-1 right now (but I'm rethinking that one and possibly going to return it and get something different instead). From there I have a Memphis Audio 100x4 for the stock speakers as of now (there will be a future upgrade) and another Memphis Audio 500x1 for two Image Dynamics IDQ12's. The original point of this post was to find a good mounting spot, which I feel like I have done, so I'm going to mount those three units on the back of the seat and see how that goes.

Archived