LegacyGT.com

2013 Legacy 3.6R Limited Performance Question

bsfiosco

I guess it will act up a bit if I'm on the paddles down shifting from 2nd to 1st in slow traffic, but almost can't tell and doesn't always happen. Now if it's trying to shift on it's own and I happen to gas it while it's figuring things out, then it can get a bit unhappy. But again, pretty rare.

For everyone with the shudder issue..... I think what you're experiencing is actually the ecu trying to make its mind up to lock up the tranny in a specific gear. I have had the exact thing before in my VW (fortunatley not in my 3.6 yet). The simple fix was to have the tranny flushed, and hey nothing wrong with new fluid, right?

You can insist on a tranny flush at any mileage! The tranny is full of wear parts, and a car that gets driven hard will wear faster, leaving a "dust" behind. Wouldnt it have been great for the 3.6 to come with at least a 6 speed manual!?

Mine is more prominent on my 2012 FXT when going up a hill and then making a turn down a hill. ;D Yay for only four gears, LOL. First gear is so short. My boyfriend's mom's 3.6R does the same thing in the same scenario but she's a smooth driver so she's gotten used to driving "around it" per se.

Archived