LegacyGT.com

1000 miles in 1st week!

What break-in period?!? I tried to be good but how can you? The car is flat out awesome for what it cost. I love having the best kept secret ... hope the value and performance of the LGT continues to fall on deaf ears.

Tires are not that great so I do agree with most sentiments there.

Some of the creature comforts are missing, too. If SOA really wanted to move these cars they could by simply adding a few "touches:" Auto Up/Down windows, steering wheel mounted radio controls, ambient lighting under dash and over center stack/console, MORE storage space/pockets ... are they listening?!?

And boy does this car have a thirst for Premium gasoline! Nothing but Shell V-Power baby.

What I haven't incurred yet (knock on wood) is the clutch stink (although the clutch is vague in 1st gear as I've stalled ~5 times already). But you know, I sometimes wonder if a lot of these posts are bogus ... meaning how many people that make complaints and stir the pot on this site actually own Legacy GT's. Couldn't blame them anyway ... it is machine to be desired!

What break-in period?!? I tried to be good but how can you? The car is flat out awesome for what it cost. I love having the best kept secret ... hope the value and performance of the LGT continues to fall on deaf ears.

Tires are not that great so I do agree with most sentiments there.

Some of the creature comforts are missing, too. If SOA really wanted to move these cars they could by simply adding a few "touches:" Auto Up/Down windows, steering wheel mounted radio controls, ambient lighting under dash and over center stack/console, MORE storage space/pockets ... are they listening?!?

And boy does this car have a thirst for Premium gasoline! Nothing but Shell V-Power baby.

What I haven't incurred yet (knock on wood) is the clutch stink (although the clutch is vague in 1st gear as I've stalled ~5 times already). But you know, I sometimes wonder if a lot of these posts are bogus ... meaning how many people that make complaints and stir the pot on this site actually own Legacy GT's. Couldn't blame them anyway ... it is machine to be desired!

The posts arent bogus, the car isnt perfect. I have experienced the stink and the stuttering but they only happen under certain conditions so many (who drive like normal people ;)) wont/dont notice.

That said the car is a blast! Enjoy!

I've never had the clutch stink (17000 mi.) but I doubt that people are making that up.

Im sure some people are pickier than others about some problems. However I doubt that people would fabricate problems.

I had the clutch stink real bad when the clutch slipped but it has mostly gone away now (21k kms), it was/is likely an underbody coating that eventually burns off (but man was it putrid!), the studder is easily replicated with moderate throttle between 2000-2800rpms.

I don't believe that the posts are "bogus" - rather, it's just that this community is sorta a double-bogey in this respect:

(1) We're a group of enthusiasts. As such, our standards may be more stringent than the general populations. Whereas something like an "extra sensitive" remote fob may be overlooked by most, with our crowd, it becomes a focus of hate. ;)

(2) We're a focused population. While most of us come here for the love of our LGTs, others come across these Forums on their first search into the cause of some certain problems with their vehicles. This in and of itself potentially alters our group demographic and the percentage of complaints in the overall statistics.

Certainly, many of us may have never experienced "clutch stink." Others may have forgiven the car or adapted to its lack of auto-down windows and that tricky remote fob. Yet others may never have had "stutter/studder," and there's probably a good group of us who've simply "learned to drive" to avoid such behavior, too.

The complaints are certainly real (why else would SoA issue a TSB on the "stutter/studder"?) - but to the extent which they may truly represent LGT ownership? That's a different matter altogether.

I have nothing but trust in my fellow LGT brothers, and definitely, would -NOT- say that *any* of their complaints are without merit. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived