LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy 2.0R EGR block or not?

barelars

Hi, is there anyone here who has tried this on the EJ204(165bhp) engine?

Is it recommended to block of the EGR valve in this car?

There is also a "plastic electrical turbo" thing on front left side of the engine, does anybody know what this is? I'll try to take a pic later.

Thanks in advance =) :spin:

Well, I'm not exactly sure of the details of your engine, but if it has AVCS then there is no EGR equipment to remove. The EGR is done internally with valve timing.

I think the other thing you are talking about is the air pump. It pumps fresh air into the exhaust during cold start to help light off the cats quicker for better cold start emissions. It can be removed, but requires block off plates to be installed.

I pulled my air pump off. There is a write up on this forum I believe. You have to get the block off plates from Infamous Performance.

• I Donated
Well, I'm not exactly sure of the details of your engine, but if it has AVCS then there is no EGR equipment to remove. The EGR is done internally with valve timing.

How would AVCS have anything to do with exhaust gas recirculation?

Also, the air pump is not plumbed into the exhaust system, AFAIK. I could be wrong about that, though.

How would AVCS have anything to do with exhaust gas recirculation?

Also, the air pump is not plumbed into the exhaust system, AFAIK. I could be wrong about that, though.

EGR is with valve overlap. Advance the intake cam to overlap more with the closing of the exhaust cam.

Air pump is plumbed into the cylinder heads and makes its way into the exhaust stream.

Check this out for info about internal EGR: http://drive2.subaru.com/Win05_WhatsInside.htm

• 2 months later...
  • I Donated
Hi guys. I've tried to block it. Made a nice little plate and all but i got outsmarted by the subie when it sensed that it was blocked and gave me a cel (P0400).

Try plugging in the valve and ziptying it somewhere instead of bolting it on.

Archived