LegacyGT.com

why does this keep happening?

05sleeper

So i got protuned by Cobb in march and it's been nothing but hell the day after and they won't help me out anymore just ignore any email or call back, it's running really rich low 10's even sometimes 10.04 on the LC-1 WIDEBAND. Well when i let off obviously it's going to go lean to 20.x mine went from 20.3 when I got tuned to 20.4 but recently it keeps going back and forth from 20.4 on decel to 20.6 on decel and when it does i can actually get into boost with no hic ups but get funny smells. Compression leak down turned out great and all new vacuum hoses and gaskets but I'll double check for leaks but just odd that it changes like that back and forth several times in one trip somewhere. Anyone have the same thing happen? What should i be logging to get the best look at what might be going on? Thanks

20130417_192002.thumb.jpg.b44448c5e2baa3cfd60c8bf97218ae40.jpg

You should keep in mind that the AFR reading on the cobb display is being pulled from the front O2 sensor (via the ecu). The readings that sensor gives during WOT runs are pretty inaccurate. The vast majority of time the ECU uses the front O2 sensor reading is during light cruise and idle (while it tries to maintain an afr of 14.7)..during aggressive driving (in boost) and while decelerating, the reading is pretty much entirely ignored by the ECU.

So i got protuned by Cobb in march and it's been nothing but hell the day after and they won't help me out anymore just ignore any email or call back, it's running really rich low 10's even sometimes 10.04. Well when i let off obviously it's going to go lean to 20.x mine goes to 20.4 but recently it keeps going back and forth from 20.4 on decel to 20.6 on decel and when it does i can actually get into boost with no hic ups but get funny smells. Compression leak down turned out great and all new vacuum hoses and gaskets but I'll double check for leaks but just odd that it changes like that back and forth several times in one trip somewhere. Anyone have the same thing happen? What should i be logging to get the best look at what might be going on? Thanks

This is normal. Your accessport will not give you Wideband readings (will not give you accurate wot readings). You should grab a beer and relax.

I have a real wideband lol that's where I got the under 10 readings from!! When I was tuned it would always stop at 20.3 and only drop to 11.1 wot and when it started ******* up the next day it changed to 20.4 and low 10 afr and now hesitating in boost and now this 20.6 with a cleaner boost pull. Somethings not going right obviously so figured I would get advice here on what to log or look for.

Hmmm so i should probably do some logs of acceleration and deceleration and see if there's something fishy going on with that. Also found the front af sensor reading a little low using Subaru software so may replace that soon as well

Yes, assuming you're in gear of course. The only readings you should care about is while your foot is on the gas and at idle. So anything between 10.00 <-> 14.7. The more load on the engine, the richer the number. If your running richer than what your tuner has setted, maybe boost leak ?

My aem wideband always reads "---" on deccel.

Get learning view on a laptop and take a snapshot.

Yes in gear. Ok, I'm hoping no boost leak but i will be double checking and doing a boost leak test hopefully soon, also when i was checking the af correction and learning i think it was -7.xx learning but 3.xx correction at idle. I'll try to check it again tomorrow and get a snap shot of exact numbers

Archived