LegacyGT.com

Perrin big tube up pipe question.

05sleeper

So I have the 1.75" Perrin up pipe and it finally cracked after 7 years and came across the 2" big tube up pipe. I have pnp'd headers and looking at a bnr 18g or 20g which I could get the up pipe section on the turbo ported to the 2" pipe diameter of the up pipe if needed. Do you think this would be a better pipe to go with for my set up? I think it would create better flow since I'm sure the 1.75 is smaller then the ported headers but just wanted to see some ideas from people before biting the bullet. Thanks!

http://www.perrinperformance.com/subaru/big-tube-up-pipe

Is the big tube specific to their big tube headers?

Just looked should work with any header set up. Says its ideal for aftermarket headers etc. I think mine as well go with larger tube why not? Are you running aftermarket headers?

Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

I talked to Perrin one time about their large tube headers and they said they are a good upgrade for cars over 500 hp. I think the larger tube wouldnt really change any gains that you wouldnt see with your other uppipe.
Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

Well the thing is with the bnr turbo it's a hybrid set up so it will have the stock housing for the intercooler to bolt to but obviously bored out and bigger internals, i think it would be better since my header diameter is bigger so it's hitting a lip before going into up pipe instead of smooth flow but so far i don't see any downside to it besides people with mostly stock car making the boost come on a little bit later. And yes i love the Perrin up pipe!

Archived