LegacyGT.com

2013 3.6r

gimpydingo

Congrats! You'll love it. I really wanted puddle lights and lighted door sills, but the wife said no go. I did get the all weather floor mats, though. I think we'll add a trunk spoiler eventually. My Dad owns an auto body shop and I can probably get one of his guys to paint and install it for the cost of materials and a six pack of beer. :lol:

The spoiler comes painted, and is a piece of cake to install, fyi.

Thanks again!! Picked up the car yesterday afternoon. The grey/gun metal color. Blast to drive even when comparing to the GT. Far more throttle response and it just glides up hills with the 3.6 engine. Cars has a nice muscly sound to it. Guess I'll give it the hawgzaust treatment this weekend just to see how it sounds.

My wife is the opposite, she wants everything on the car, except the nav :)

I don't think I got the lighted sills! I'll have to double check. Dealer was looking for as close to a loaded vehicle as possible. Only things that needed to be added are the chrome trunk trim, sideskirts and medal peddles; installing this weekend. I'm sure I could have done it myself, but they are putting them on for free and I'm getting my full detail at the same time. Might as well have them remove the badging and just leave the R, and I'll plastidip to match the car.

The interior illum package I said no to. Since the dealer said the dashboard gets pulled for that. Don't want to risk a premature squeaking from the dash.

Puddle lights are nice, could be a pinch brighter, but at least I'll miss that puddle that forms in my driveway when it rains....right next to the drives door too.

Rugged mats are next.

Any idea if the lighted sills are easy to install? I assume pop up, replace with the new and connect the power?

Congrats. Those are really nice cars. If you ever get hungry for more power down the road I am sure you'll be able to find a turbo kit.

No turbo kits for these cars. Don't think the ECU has even been cracked?? It looks like you can get a supercharger, but the cost is $$$$

Don't you have to drill holes and wire the brake light?

Yes, but there is a template that covers the complete top of the rear trunk.

All you do is line the template up, drill the holes(use new drill bits), put a couple layers of touch up paint around the holes you drill, and install the spoiler.

There are eight clips that pop in place, and four nuts that thread onto studs.

The wiring plug plugs right into the existing harness.

I did my spoiler in just over an hour, and that was taking my time.

I could do another in 30-45 minutes.

Archived