LegacyGT.com

question on tuning!??!!?

CoolHandLuke12

question for all you tuning savy dudes out there....got a tune and ill make a stressful 5 day without my car story go quick.

is it possible to do a compression test without disconnecting the battery? or even better, is it possible to take spark plugs out on an 05 legacy, by going underneath? leaving the batter untouched?

reason why i ask is because i got my car back, and noticed my presets were the same, and didn't think that would be possible if he had to get coils out... ( i did spark plugs a month ago and couldnt get them out without battery removal) thus, how so, when each time battery is disconnected, it resets everything...just a thought, any one else, for more story details please ask :] im sure ull be entertained by my nightmare.

Yes it's possible, i did compression and leak down test on my car along with plugs on another. What i do is unbolt the motor mounts from the subframe (2 14mm nuts) then jack up the motor on the side you want to do plugs or anything else on and boom have plenty of room to get to the coils, get them out, and get to the plugs. I also did this for compression and leak down one side at a time. also crankd motor while up on one side works perfectly fine.

Archived