LegacyGT.com

Will the AP learn new parts after the flash?

skyboy2121

I'm thinking about buying an AP 5eat. My question is should I wait until I have the uppipe and catback or can I reflash adding parts as I go. I also live in Colorado does Cobb have different maps for different altitude or does the ecu just learn around that too. I have done searches and some seem to suggest that you can't run as much boost at higher altitudes because you just blowing hot air.:confused:

Guest *Jedimaster*
I've laways heard that turbos in high altitude were great- you kind of bring your own compressed air with you.

The "learning" process is ongoing. If something about your set up changes the ECU will gradually optimize itself for that setup.

The altitude changes are within the ECU's ability to adapt, as far as I've learned.

Flash now, add hardparts later (reflashing to diff stages as necessary)

http://cobbtuning.com/legacy/accessport-faq.html

Q. I have an up-pipe, and/or intercooler hoses, and/or a panel filter, and/or a BOV, and/or pulleys, etc. but I don’t see a map with those mods. What can I do?

A. Those types of modifications are within the AccessECU’s ability to adapt. Most of them (with the exception of the BOV) make a slight improvement in efficiency, but do not change the characteristics of the car enough to require reprogramming to work properly. If you add these types of parts later it might take the car a driving cycle or two to get the boost right on, but it will likely adapt unless the part makes a significant change such as a turbo-back. As stated above, if you have a question about your parts, let us know and we will help you choose the map that is right for you. That is much better than getting a wrong map, or thinking we do not have a map for your combo.

so the car will adapt to minor mods -- and read the AP Faq - it should answer your questions.

Archived