LegacyGT.com

Mercedes CLA45 AMG: 355hp out of 2 liters?!

Looks like the new CLA 45 AMG is due out in the US towards the end of the year. 335hp/332tq, AWD and a 0-60 in 4.5 seconds are pretty impressive for the "entry level" AMG. And it's supposed to start at $47k, but who knows what options it'll miss out on at that price. Nevertheless, the wife wont stop talking about it, and we'll have to take it for a spin when a local dealership gets one.

Thoughts?

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/27/2014-mercedes-benz-cla45-amg-video-new-york-2013/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2013/03/mercedes-cla-45-amg-opt.jpg

You could also snag an SRT-8 Chrysler or Dodge for that kind of money. Both of which are much more powerful, and larger.

The list goes on and on and on.

But they look horrid

Besides, I think the feat of 355hp from 2, 000 cc's is what he was getting at

The wife likes it because it's small. That's also the reason we bought the C class instead of a used E class. The AWD, looks, and possible better MPG than our C300 are seriously making us look at trading ours in on this.

We'll at least take a good look at it to see what options come on the base model. Not sure I want to go from a nicely loaded C class to a bare bones AMG, though.

But they look horrid

The SRT-8 Charger doesn't look too bad in my opinion. The Chrysler doesn't look very good I'll grant. :lol:

The SRT-8 Charger doesn't look too bad in my opinion. The Chrysler doesn't look very good I'll grant. :lol:

ehh... 4 door charger... well everybody is different

I do, however, REALLY like what they did with the challenger reboot. that car makes me smile :p (HUGE compliment coming from a Ford man lol)

Also, I'm with you about there being a long list of real nice cars between 45-55 large

ehh... 4 door charger... well everybody is different

I do, however, REALLY like what they did with the challenger reboot. that car makes me smile :p (HUGE compliment coming from a Ford man lol)

Also, I'm with you about there being a long list of real nice cars between 45-55 large

I don't get too hung up on the name, although I agree a Charger should by rights be a big muscle coupe.

The car looks like it will be fun, only problem is cost. It will be 55-60k loaded and you won''t leave the merc dealer without paying 1k or more pretty much every visit once the warranty is up. Now you are getting close ot m3 territory or CTS-V and the new ATS-V. All of which will probably have a more reliable powertrain and more power potential than the merc.

The car looks like it will be fun, only problem is cost. It will be 55-60k loaded and you won''t leave the merc dealer without paying 1k or more pretty much every visit once the warranty is up. Now you are getting close ot m3 territory or CTS-V and the new ATS-V. All of which will probably have a more reliable powertrain and more power potential than the merc.

The optioned out price is what I'm afraid of. The C63 starts at $59k, but I've seen them with MSRPs of $82k loaded up, and not for the black series, either. I'd be a little worried about the repair costs out of warranty, as it's only 4 years. I was a bit worried when we bought the C300, but if it starts giving us any issues towards the end of the warranty, we'll get rid of it then.

If the car was for me, I'd rather the M3 or the cadillacs. (Actually saving for a C6Z or C7 right now) :D I just prefer AWD for the wife's DD.

We'll see in november, I guess. But if that thing is over $50k I strongly doubt we'll be doing much more than taking it for a spin!

26.1 psi at maximum boost. That's a lot of boost, especially for 91 oct. The real test is can they achieve any reliability running that much boost.

Archived