LegacyGT.com

CEL lights on cobb access port v1 says no?

RudolphStudio

Got a legacy 5 seat from my father running stage 2.5 I think and the cel come on every 2 weeks or so, I plug in the ap and every time it says no cels at this time! But it's throwing a code? And the lights on and cruse is flashing? If its not important does the acess port just ignore it and say no code? Should I even worry the car runs fine and no hiccups running 93 non ethanol all the time. Seems to only come on at highway speeds just crusin for what seems like no reason.

If your CEL is on and CC is flashing, it means there's a problem. No idea why your AP wouldn't read the code, but I would get that code pulled on ASAP. Stop by autozone or something.

Seems like a common thing to have happen. Not real sure why you could not read the code with the AP, unless it was not a current code (tried to check it after light already had turned off).

Cliffs for link: 2005 and up Subaru's tend to disable cruise control when a CEL is thrown. Sometimes its as simple as a loose gascap and cleared out with a few drive cycles.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/steady-check-engine-light-and-blinking-cruise-24219.html

Hey guys this may be a stupid question but I just inherited this car and don't know a lot about it. My father had me under it bolting all the exhaust up and putting all the suspension to gather that's all I know, but he never told me much about the tuning. He recently passed away and I'm the executor of his estate and want to get this car running write. I feel like i owe him to get it wright sinces we built his old sti together and auto crossed it. Anyway my question is if the car is cat less and is setup for stage 2.5 can I load the stage 1 map and make it more reliable and better for a daily driver with the parts he has? It seems to lug on starting from a complete stop. then at times at wot it just seems like it shuts down shifting into second gear. Or will I throw engine lights and hurt something stepping down with more upgrades then stage 1 requires? The light takes like 350 miles to show up and the car is running fine. I had a friend of mine that is a subaru mechanic drive it for 3 weeks and look the car over and he said everything was great. He replaced a part he called an intake butterfly valve? I just want to get the car wright. Former jagcars26 was my dad and I know he was on this website often. Any help or guidance is much appreciated, thanks

Sorry for your loss.

NO, if you have stage 2 hardware, you must run a stage 2 compatible map.

Also, it's "right", not "wright". ;) Figure out a way to get the code pulled properly, end of story. ESPECIALLY if you're having driveability issues.

Stage2 cobb map blocks the o2 sensor code. What can happen is the gas cap isn't on tight and/or is leaking. This is oddly a very common reason to throw a code. Any smog shop can test the cap for you. It's probably where I'd start if your father was driving it prior.

Sorry for your loss.

Archived