LegacyGT.com

Cooling filling question

Does this box need to be full like the radiator is? I keep filling my overflow and it dissapears! This tank looks half full so my question does this tank need to be filled up to full? It the tank next to the TMIC on the passenger side. Let me know ya and i will fill it if need thanks!

image.thumb.jpg.2cf75d4b1f1af095fdc1b99cc27b4fc2.jpg

Yes, it's also the highest point of the cooling system. It where you should add you coolant when low or after draining the system. I usually remove radiator cap, fill coolant thru the turbo coolant tank (your pic. in your post) until I see coolant at the top of the radiator. Cap radiator & continued filling until turbo coolant tank is full. Fill radiator overflow tank to "HOT" level. Start car, heater on high & add more coolant to the turbo coolant tank until the air bubbles are gone & won't take anymore coolant. Put the top on the turbo coolant tank. Take car for 5-10 mile drive, let it cool down, check radiator overflow tank level & top off if level is blow the "COLD" mark. The should get the air out of the system.

Coolant only disappears when you have a leak or air in the system. Would be checking for both.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived