LegacyGT.com

Audio Install Wiring

powersr8810

So I am getting either an Audio Control ICQ-1, JL Cleansweep, Kicker Front Row unit (or something else if you have any suggestions) to integrate my amps/speakers/subs into my 05 Legacy GT since the radio is what it is... I need a switched wire and a power wire to turn these on, was thinking the cigarette lighter and key switch.

Anybody with experience that can point me in the right direction in doing so would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I used the switched +12 volt wire from the radio (not the radio's remote wire) to turn on my Alpine PXE-H660.

The pro to this is that you can easily use a 9-conductor cable to run everything from the radio to the processor. The slight downside is that your processor/amp will always be on with the key on, even if you shut the radio off. But since you were thinking of using the cigarette lighter, you'd have the same issue, so I'd recommend what I did just for ease of install.

I like the PXE-H600. It has quite a few features, the auto tune is fairly good, and it's pretty cheap to find used. I ended up finding mine like-new for around $100. The other units you mentioned are good as well, so pick the one that offers the best feature set for your needs.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

And I would get a FWD-REV combo harness from SVXdc so that you don't have to hack up factory wiring. He can split out whatever connections you want from the harness making install a breeze. After you cut and solder outside the car, install is literally plug and play.

The power antenna wire (Pin 14 here) is no good because it's off when anything other than the radio is selected, so you need to use Pin 10. That link is also the guy to order from.

I think Dbl means the PXA-H600. Alpine changed to PXE in the newer revisions. Correct me if I'm wrong dude :)

Is SVXdc a member on here?

I'm leaning towards the audio control unit as of now because it has a sensing feature that only turns on when it is receiving an audio signal and an amp turn on too. I definitely will check out your suggestions, thanks for everything

Archived