LegacyGT.com

Thank you Legacysti.com and people in it!

Thank you Legacysti.com and people in in. I just recently came out of rehab from Legacy GT test drive. :D I love it, but I bought the Acura TSX instead a week later. Nothing wrong with the Legacy, just I needed the extra money for home downpayment. It's so nice to see and read people who loves about Subaru and its cars. I still have the Forrester as the family second car so I will still come back to visit! Thank you again and everyone. Enjoy the car and have a nice day!

Extra money? The TSX costs about the same here in the US. How much cheaper is the TSX there? Here TSXs go for about $500-1000 below MSRP, which puts a non-navi model at around $26k-26.5k, which is just what the invoice of a 2.5GT is with 5AT trans and the local Subie dealership is already willing to sell one at invoice without any hassle. :?: Anyway, congrats on your purchase, the TSX is a solid choice for a daily driver.

Welcome to the frivolous world of Subaru Canadian pricing :cry: US prices: TSX: 26,500 $ Leg GT: 26,000 $ Leg GT Ltd; 28,500 $ CDN prices: TSX: 34,800 $ US exchange: 0.761 Leg GT: 36500 $ US exchange: 0.712 Leg GT Ltd: 40,300 $ US exchange: 0.707 All these prices with manual transmission. In the US, The Leg GT is 500 $ cheaper than a TSX, while in Canada. It is 1700$ more. As for the Ltd, one can understand that Bananaairsoft is keeping 5500 $ in his pocket by going with the Acura TSX. The above price distortions are not reflected in the Canadian price of the legacy 2.5i which, at 28,000$ is fairly priced in regard of its 21,000$ price in the US, as the 0.75 ratio is about the current exchange rate of the CDN dollar. The GT and GT Ltd are not such a bargain in Canada. In addition, except in big markets (Toronto, Montreal), it is generally harder to get substantial discounts. Most everywhere, there is only one Subaru or Acura dealer in town, and they are playing Monopoly.

[quote name='BernardP']Welcome to the frivolous world of Subaru Canadian pricing :cry: US prices: TSX: 26,500 $ Leg GT: 26,000 $ Leg GT Ltd; 28,500 $ CDN prices: TSX: 34,800 $ US exchange: 0.761 Leg GT: 36500 $ US exchange: 0.712 Leg GT Ltd: 40,800 $ US exchange: 0.698 All these prices with manual transmission. In the US, The Leg GT is 500 $ cheaper than a TSX, while in Canada. It is 1500$ more. As for the Ltd, one can understand that Bananaairsoft is keeping 6,000 $ in his pocket by going with the Acura TSX. The above price distortions are not reflected in the Canadian price of the legacy 2.5i which, at 28,000$ is fairly priced in regard of its 21,000$ price in the US, as the 0.75 ratio is about the current exchange rate of the CDN dollar. The GT and GT Ltd are not such a bargain in Canada. In addition, except in big markets (Toronto, Montreal), it is generally harder to get substantial discounts. Most everywhere, there is only one Subaru or Acura dealer in town, and they are playing Monopoly.[/quote] My US brethern, Legacy GT/LTD is very expensive here in Canada. Almost the same price of the TL!

Archived