LegacyGT.com

Hey everyone!!! New member w/ 2nd gen 98 Lgt wagon

Hey guys (girls) just grabbed a 98' Lgt wagon off CL it has high mileage and was wondering if anyone has suggestions of what to have checked out first. The cars runs and drives good. I saw that front belts were rotating a little funny tho, I was thinking have the front and rear dif fluid changed. Ive already checked tie rods, struts, brakes calipers etc. I will need new struts soon also so any suggestions there is also appriciated. Should I bother with front and rear dif fluid right away or are there more important things to have checked first?? Thanks guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome! So far I like it here and find useful information.

A few others have asked a similar question and I also found this useful.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3506949&postcount=3

er, I know it says MPG but in general with any new purchase this is a good place to start@!

Congrats on the find - lets see some pics soon!

The only reason I look at other peoples cars is so I can see my Subie in the reflection - Carver Snell

Check out 2nd Gen Legacy Enthusiast & Resource Directory

^+1. Do most of the stuff in the mpg sticky.

What's the mileage? Have the head gaskets been replaced (2.5s usually go around 160k)? When was the timing belt last replaced? What do you mean the belts were rotating funny?

Kyb-gr2s are a good replacement for your stock struts and are only $300 or so shipped online.

Might as well change the diff fluids. A few drain and fills wouldn't hurt either.

Rockauto and carparts.com are pretty good places to buy oem or equivalent parts...welcome to the site and hope you have a good time with your car, if you troll around the board you can get good info and lots of people here to help you.

Archived