LegacyGT.com

Reconnecting Stock Boost Controller

So my LGT is acting up. Its been misfiring but not 100% sure what the reason is because the only code the CEL gives is the mysterious P0000.

Changed and checked:

Spark plugs

Coils

MAF

Intake Manifold gaskets

Also I get the rough idle when the engine is cold, once it warms up the roughness is lower. Together with a coughing tone in the exhaust and some fuel smell, that tells me it runs rich.

It has a manual boost controller and was pro tuned by the previous owner. He did wrong when installing that manual boost controller and probably did a shitty tune.

Im getting a Cobb access port in order to get the computer tuned correctly and want to get rid of that manual boost controller.

How hard is to gain access to the stock electronic boost controller? And connect it correctly to the wastegate?

I know its buried somewhere because I see a tiny rubber hose hanging loose.

Also Im going to try to get the injectors cleaned up to see if thats the problem.

Sorry for the long post!

I just want to get my LGT fixed. Dont wanna get rid of it.

Boost controller is on the front passenger side of the intake, just under the engine cover. Put a Grimmspeed EBCS on there and get that manual POS off.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

Update! Well I just reconnected the stock controller and boost is about 12psi. I think I gotta get the cobb access port to get it to target boost right?

At the same time I took out the injectors and soak them in seafoam... WHAT a difference! engine is a lot smoother and the rough idle is gone hopefully the CEL wont show up again.

Good to hear. I would advise you to look up a local trusted shop to check it out. It may be fine, but an ounce of prevention you know. No telling what else may or may not be hooked up right. Could be cheap insurance. Nuke my local tuner looks everything over with a fine tooth comb before he even lets me get in my own car. Either way glad it's better.

Terry

If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

Archived