LegacyGT.com

What about a dealership review section?

Guest *Jedimaster*

Guest *Jedimaster*
I think it would be helpful to those looking for a good dealer in their srea- might even save people from a bad dealer experience.

I think its a good idea. Especially dealerships, sales people, and service departments etc. I just had my side curtain airbags replace on my 05 Legacy sedan. SOA said that it was a two hour job. The first trip took all day and then the seatbelts didn't work. Short story: it took four trips to get things resolved. I would have been nice to find a service dept. that could handle these things. When shopping for a car, It would have saved a lot of time to determine which dealerships were full of it. Example: Sales manager says that you cant get the silver STI with silver wheels. They only come with Gold wheels.... A good mellow sales person would have been a welcome site- you know, someone who has actually managed to do the job well and not turn into an A-hole. just my 0.02

Guest *Jedimaster*
Egg-zactly. Consider my 2 dealership experiences. 1 one a real bad experience: [url]http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=519[/url] And the other was terrific: [url]http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=683[/url] It would be nice to be able to be warned about a bad dealer and also to give business to a good dealer.

Dealership review for the purchase of a vehicle? Yeah, I would say put it in the regional forums... but how about vendor/dealership reviews for parts purchases? While being regional physically, web sales could potentially be global (although shipping might be a bit much depending upon the part) :lol: . Why not create a "vendor review" forum with a thread for each vendor? It allows us to see what kind of customer service others have received from the vendor. I have used the one on nasioc before and it's useful. Why not have one here for our own use? Tide? Whaddaya think?

So...Howzaboutit then? I would sub-divide it regionally because most people are not likely to go more than a couple of hundred miles to buy or service their car. There is such a forum on NASIOC, but it is a mis-mash of nationwide dealerships. I really only car about the dealerships in my own area. Hope this is set up soon. I would like to see folks log thier experiences, good or bad! It would also help me find a trusted mechanic for my 'sweet baby blue' Rimfaxe.

Archived