LegacyGT.com

avcr

adosdrummer

Hey guys, I come from a background of Toyota's. Mainly the 1zz, 2zz.

They have variable cam control known as vvti instead of avcr.

There is only one bank of vvt on the intake cam on those motors.

I tune by watching maf voltage and rpm, the more maf voltage means the more airflow I have which means more potential for power.

I am going to be playin around with a friends n/a 2.5l wrx pretty soon.

Do you guys road tune avcr the same way as my approach on vvt?

on the boosted cars I have tuned I really don't play with the vvt, not much need when in boost.

Whats your approach guys?

-Jesse

So romraider could not find the 2006 2.5i 5mt deff, but I had no problems with ecuflash. Ecuflash did not have a table for tuning the avcr.. (second though It might have been my user setting too low)

But through tuning I got rid of the op/cl delay and had to add a bunch of fuel mid range but lean it out up top..

It was at about 14.1 till 4k rpm's at a high load.. so I richened it up to about 12.8 to play it safe to redline..

Added 5% more timing and increased throttle sensitivity.. and this tune was for 87 oct. He seemed to be very pleased with his new found smoothness of power delivery. Which is all I was able to really do for him because of the fuel.

Did a quick search and it seems the 2006 2.5i is only sohc.. with no mention of avcr.

Stupid me for thinking pretty much all subarus had quad cams and at least 2 banks of avcr on the intake side.

Still, tuning gurus. Opinions on your tuning method for avcr?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1717635

Its on a 2006 for this guy :confused:

But easy way to see is if he has the two solenoids on his head's

Ill look today on his car, I am going to make him a 3in hybrid intake and do some more tuning. downloaded virtual dyno a few days ago. could not get a good dyno plot off romraider. So also interested to see what VD comes up with

Archived