LegacyGT.com

t-boned by a taxi

SSpeed

So far I've found 3 things I'm not happy with:

1) Very minor, they painted the door closed and the right front upper edge wasn't fully painted as it was under the weather stripping.

2) The door is most definitely getting hung up on the weather stripping. It doesn't open or close nearly as smooth as the passenger side, it's like it is sitting farther back than it should be. This is more worrisome as the door lines look correct. The old door was pushed back in to the rear door from the crash.

3) A binding clunk is sometimes heard in the front suspension, I feel it in the steering wheel and it's like I ran over a rock. It's usually always when turning right, but I heard it once going straight over a small bump. It only does it when the car is moving. I thought I had the process down to recreate it, but now I'm not sure. I've heard it at least six times since getting it back Wednesday. The taxi t-boned me in to the front wheel, the strut was bent and replaced.

Any ideas?

meant to post here a while ago but got lost with things at work/home. I would immediately FILE IN WRITING all concerns about the repair with the insurance. Take pictures and document everything. Do NOT take to another place to repair the wrong things. You will have to get very formal and very anal with the insurance and the repair shop. From their point of view the claim is settled. I do not know what kind of papers you had to sign at the body shop before you took the car back. This may complicate the dispute. But again, be formal and document everything. Do not rely on phone calls and goodwill. This is just business. Come with a smile but carry a big stick.

Good luck.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

meant to post here a while ago but got lost with things at work/home. I would immediately FILE IN WRITING all concerns about the repair with the insurance. Take pictures and document everything. Do NOT take to another place to repair the wrong things. You will have to get very formal and very anal with the insurance and the repair shop. From their point of view the claim is settled. I do not know what kind of papers you had to sign at the body shop before you took the car back. This may complicate the dispute. But again, be formal and document everything. Do not rely on phone calls and goodwill. This is just business. Come with a smile but carry a big stick.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice! Called the body shop back about the door paint and rubbing. They told me to bring it back and gave me a rental on their dime. I ended up with it for 3 days as they repainted the entire door to make it right. Very impressed with their service.

They weren't able to find the pop in the suspension, but did document it in case it gets worse. They said for up to 6 months they'll be able to back bill insurance.

I heard the pop a lot in the first few days, but now it has stopped. I tend to wonder if it was the spring seating in the strut they replaced? You usually only hear that pop two or three times, but I do have poly bushings so that might make things a little tighter for it popping in to the groove.

Archived