LegacyGT.com

Smoke when boosting

Turbo is in car is running great I seem to have dodged a bullet thanks for all the input after not having my car for a week it was great to get back in it tonight. And thanks to 94legacy22 for doing the install josh you're the balls dude.

It could be a few things. I was actually hoping someone else would tackle this sooner. Have you done a compression test? Leakdown test? You couldn't go wrong with a coolant test. You can buy, and sometimes rent, a tester that lets you know if there is any exhaust gasses in your coolant. This can be an indication of a bad headgasket. Has the car ever overheated? Rings could also be a factor. There are a bunch of threads about this, and similar problems, I just don't have the collective knowledge of them. I would run some tests, to rule out possible problems. What oil are you using?

It could be a few things. I was actually hoping someone else would tackle this sooner. Have you done a compression test? Leakdown test? You couldn't go wrong with a coolant test. You can buy, and sometimes rent, a tester that lets you know if there is any exhaust gasses in your coolant. This can be an indication of a bad headgasket. Has the car ever overheated? Rings could also be a factor. There are a bunch of threads about this, and similar problems, I just don't have the collective knowledge of them. I would run some tests, to rule out possible problems. What oil are you using?

He couldnt be more correct, in your case it may be the turbo, but bad rings, ringlands etc can cause a constant haze. my amr has less the 1000 miles on it and I know the seals are good. Constant blue cloud, quart every 150 miles, randomly smells of burnt oil really bad. cause cracked ringlands, dont just assume it is the turbo. Detonating once in a 2.5 motor can cause RLF it is a notorious subaru problem. My compression test show only 4 points loss on my two bad cylinders but a leak down test really shows the problem. Just some fuel for thought

Archived