LegacyGT.com

Knock, knock!? I got it!

tytek

I'm not familiar with 5th gens so let me ask this first: you said the DAM starts out below 1 and then rises to 1 eventually.

Does that mean your learned knock table is reset every single time you restart your car? That seems a kind of stupid.... Hmm.

edit: I don't believe you're correct. A quick search makes me think that it's map dependent.

Yes, it does. Every time I start my car, DAM is at .81. It is new logic that was added to the '11 LGT ECU. And yes, it is retarded.

https://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?71096-11-LGT-datalog-questions&p=659683#post659683

Refer to post #39 by Bill 'the ECU master' at Cobb. They were going to make a change in the OTS map to remove the .81 DAM default, but at the end, they apparently did not.

Throttle plate position limiter is also built in into the 5th gen logic. It is there to prevent overboosting at low intake temps.

Have you cleaned your MAF lately?

I checked my MAF last night and it was clean. It seems that '11 LGTs are uber sensitive to generic OTS maps when poor gas and low temps are present - advanced timing with gas prone to detonation results in knock.

If all goes well, going to get dyno tuned by Scott Siegel later this week. :wub:

From Bill at Cobb:

"The 10+ LGT ECU has a lot of unique strategies (as compared to other turbo Subarus). One you are seeing here is the limiting of throttle and boost based on intake temperature. Likely, this strategy is a sort of torque management function to maintain similar output across different intake temps. We did not tune this in our off-the-shelf OTS maps as we were not able to see that cold of intake temps when we were tuning the car, so we left the stock strategy in place as a more conservative approach. As such, you likely will have a lot to gain from a custom tune. Your local fuel quality may also be worse than average, so a custom tune would also be a big benefit for that."

Archived