LegacyGT.com

Autometer boost gauge installed

Henkle

Thanks TSi+WRX, I'm loving this forum even more!:) Yes, I thought to myself if the thin hose would get quicker response, and John M confirmed it! I think I'm loving the mechanical gauge for its quick response. But then if I had bigger budget, I'd probably get the NEXUS like you have. It looks much better!

I currently have the wire-loom around the vinyl hose to protect it from heat. But I would replace it with better material if I found some. And I'll post an update when it happens.

Just an update; since I moved the gauge further to the right, the gauge has held up well, even under California summer heat.

On other thing that I found in the hardware store... I found this black heat-shrink tube, which I'll use to help tighten up where the hose meets the T-fitting. It should give it a more professional look, plus some added heat protection. And when I do this (hopefully soon), I'll post pictures up so it'll be more clear.;)

out of all the different series, i liked the sportcomp series the best. The only "suggestion" i would make to autometer is make a removable ring. So in that case, someone can take it off and put a color/interior matched one on instead or a simple black one. It's not as fancy as the new Nexus line though. i just need it to tell me the boost and 30$ is a better deal than however much the nexus line is... which i know is way more than 30$.

i don't like the cubby placement or the a-pillar placement because since the time you learned to drive or old enough to learn how to drive, you watch 3 things - in front of you, your mirrors to see side or back and your gauges. looking at a cubby or center of your dash or the a-pillar isn't really ideal (to me at least). since i'm "trained" to look at how fast i'm going and the rest of the information, why not put it there?

It's an easier explaination on a tach-centered gauge cluster (like the FD pictures) because as you look at the tach, you're looking "beyond" the boost gauge. So when you shift at X, you know your at Y boost pressure. Well that's how my brain works .. ymmv. Also, a-pillar gauges invite trouble because it somewhat "shows off" what you got. I've heard a lot of stories of people coming back to their cars and finding a broken window and their gauge cluster ripped out. The a-pillar is held in by really small screws so a nice big 2-handed pull does the job.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived