LegacyGT.com

Offset to clear brembo's

starionesir

Size, diameter and spoked design have just as much to do with what wheels will clear any given caliper as offset.

Here's a sticky that has a large list of wheels shown to clear Brembos by size and brand.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448097&highlight=wheels+clear

From there as long as the width is not too extreme for tire choice you should be in the clear.

What size wheel are you looking for?

I'm looking for a 18" rim. Nothing crazy on the tire width. Have been looking up rims on tire rack that say they fit the 04 sti. Figure if it fits them then it will clear the brembos and also fit my car. Any problem with running 8.5 rims versus the stock 7.5? Tire rack still recommends the same tire for the 7.5 and 8.5 rim. I'm still stock height but would like to go lower once I get my driveway fixed so I can stop dragging my lip on the curb.

That's a good place to start though you can get away with a lot more than tirerack will show you as they primarily deal with an OEM replacement wheel.

Reference this thread found in the stickies under the Tech/Wheel Section:

http://legacygt.com/.php?p=68297

And the offset calculator:

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Both of these threads should have sufficient info to help you select the specs you're looking for. There's just more to it than a simple yes or no. Tire choice an size will also contribute to clearance as will height. Anything "can" fit with rolling, pulling it flaring, etc.

I would also suggest you check the FS section here as this way you may be able to actually see the wheels you are looking at in the car. I know tirerack has software that gives a photoshopped impression but there's nothing like the real thing.

I'd price it out. Make sure the local place is including mount and balance. I'd bet the place giving you a package deal would be willing to compete but I assume unless they ship for free they would have trouble price matching.

Which wheels and what size are you looking at? What kind of tires are you looking for (summer, all season, winter, etc)? Are you lowered? What's your budget for both wheels and tires? Describe your driving style. Are you more concerned with budget, performance or comfort and road noise?

Looking at the rota grids 18x8.5 with probably a 225/40R18 all season tire. Had thought possibly going with the 19x8.5 if it was not a big price difference. We do get snow sometimes here so I don't want just summer tires. I dd the car so it doesn't see road racing just the occasional drag strip. Not concerned about road noise. Still stock height but would like to lower maybe 1-1.5 once I get my driveway fixed so I stop dragging my front lip on my driveway. I also want to make sure they will clear the sti brembo's as I have a set that I will be installing once I get the rims to clear.

18x8.5 et44 will clear both Brembos and will fit the LGT. I just called wheeldude for you to confirm this. You should be able to run 225/40's without any fender work necessary.

I ha this same brand and wheel specs on my WRX and got a very good price from importimageracing. They do not have them on their website but can get Rotas.

Archived